Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Forum activity

9K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  Brendon 
#1 ·
It looks as though this season will go down in history as "The Winter that never was." As such, we find ourselves a full week into February and no one is getting to use their tractors. There they sit with either a snowcaster or utility blade on the front and not a thing to do except rust. It's still too early to take those items off or to put on a mowing deck. All of the forums are relatively dead in the water because no one has much of anything to talk about. Tractors are not breaking anything nor are they refusing to start. No one is having issues with plowing or blowing snow because there is no snow.....anywhere. I should be seeing two foot high snow banks on both sides of my road but all I see is bare grass that I could actually mow if I wanted to. I cannot recall a winter like this one.....EVER.

I'd love to see more chatter on the boards here but I'm chalking up the lack of activity to the weirdest winter on record and not to the fact that I forgot to apply my underarm deodorant a few days ago. :thumbsup: :sidelaugh: :trink: :canada:

#4 ·
Yea But,.
Its still a great time for mods and rebuilds, I ordered raw material today for a mod on the front attachment mount, My Idea is to make these joints serviceable, Instead of watchin the holes get bigger and the pins get smaller. The plan is to never wear a pin, a hole, or a slot :think: :thumbsup: EJ

#5 ·
Hydriv said:
I'd love to see more chatter on the boards/
In the interest of increased activity.

I volunteer to start threads asking the following questions:

What year is my tractor ?

Which hydraulic oil should I use ?

How much does my tractor weigh ?

Who is this wench Hilda ?

:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Besides, :letitsnow: may still come back and bite our collective butts..

#6 ·
kubotakid said:
Yea But,.
Its still a great time for mods and rebuilds, I ordered raw material today for a mod on the front attachment mount, My Idea is to make these joints serviceable, Instead of watchin the holes get bigger and the pins get smaller. The plan is to never wear a pin, a hole, or a slot :think: :thumbsup: EJ
I look forward to seeing your project report in the Workshop Forum along with photos from start to finish. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Iam lookin forward to postin the pics, and sharing the concept. Sure I could post on countless other forums, but thats NO fun, Posting here first gives me the best chance of gettin slaped around by some guys that arent bashfull about tellin ya yer NUCKIN FUTZ. :wtf: I love a challenge, Especially If I can lower the cost and increase the preformance. :trink: kubotakid. aka Burnt Orange

#9 ·
I've actually gotten to use both of my tractors this year. One day we had about 3" of snow, so I broke out the articulated with the plow. One other time we got about 6" so I used the blower on the 4016. Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones!! It really wouldn't bother me if I was prepared, but never had to use them in the winter.

#13 ·
Well, I had noticed that most of the pump supports Kohler powered tractors are power red. The one on my '76-444 is black. I was wondering for future reference if that was correct for that tractor or should it be power red. I decided to look at the part number for both tractors I have and the number is the same. The one on the '74 is power red and am fairly confident it is original. Therefore I concluded that power red is correct for the '76 not black. Being that I figured this out with help from the Tech Section, I guess I don't have anything to post about. :headscratcher:

#15 ·
oldfrank said:
Is there such a thing as High Heat power red , yes/no, where can I buy it ?

---oldfrank--- :canada:
oldfrank, Home Depot sells Rust-oleum High Heat Chevy Orange which is very, very close to the power red. The can says it resists heat to 500 degrees. In my area the home depot has it on the floor in the paint area, you have to look good to find it. If not Autozone and auto part stores sell Chevy Orange also I think it is going to be the closest match available to the power red.

#18 ·
Bart, the project I'm working will require the engine to be painted power red to match the rest of the frame. You are right stating that it should be black, how ever I have gone completely wacko with this new build. I just want the end result to be as close in body style and color scheme as possible.
have a good one ---oldfrank--- :canada:

{ ps. I my be having to many beers on this job}

#20 ·
Snotrocket said:
Don't be a hater. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've also had the Super Bowl blaahs all week. I thought about banning BBY for a couple of days because he was the only member I could think of off the top of my head that was from NY. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Same here.... can't believe they lost twice to the same team!!! :cry: :cry:

Spring training is right around the corner though... :thumbsup:

#21 ·
Snotrocket said:
I thought about banning BBY for a couple of days because he was the only member I could think of off the top of my head that was from NY. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, if I'm getting banned I'm going out in a blaze of glory....so here is me doing the Brady [some of you fellas may have to google that one], while wearing my Giants sweat shirt complimented by my MTF baseball cap while browsing the latest edition of LAGT yet again.

:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

#22 ·
BushBoneYard said:
Snotrocket said:
I thought about banning BBY for a couple of days because he was the only member I could think of off the top of my head that was from NY. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, if I'm getting banned I'm going out in a blaze of glory....so here is me doing the Brady [some of you fellas may have to google that one], while wearing my Giants sweat shirt complimented by my MTF baseball cap while browsing the latest edition of LAGT yet again.

:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Ouch! That hurts! Chuck, drop BBY NOW! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

#26 ·
oldfrank said:
Bart, the project I'm working will require the engine to be painted power red to match the rest of the frame. You are right stating that it should be black, how ever I have gone completely wacko with this new build. I just want the end result to be as close in body style and color scheme as possible.
have a good one ---oldfrank--- :canada:

{ ps. I my be having to many beers on this job}
Oldfrank your not alone as when I get around to painting mine all of the engines will be painted high heat Chevy orange only because I want the tractors to mimic their parent farm tractors and also because I want the engines to look as they belong and blend in and are part of the tractor - not an add on, sshhh don't tell Hilda.

Maybe its not to many beers, maybe it has something to do with the name? :mrgreen:

As for the lack of activity on the forums it is probably do to the lack of the tractors being out of service, however on MTF the lack of activity fell off sometime ago and seems to coincide with the disappearance of member Caseguytoo and another later member Castoff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.