Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
RD,
It is relevant and thanks for noting it but what's interesting is that it isn't consistent. Jack, Chuck and I can execute identical searches and come up with different results. Sometimes, we found ourselves listed on page 1 but another one had to go to page 4 to see the link show up. We have learned that site content and time will eventually cause us to show up at the top of the search page. We are only a half-year old and the Bots are crawling all over this site every day seeking out information they need to meet search parameters. In another six months, I think that almost any search parameter that employs "Case or Colt or Ingersoll" will cause this site to appear very high up on page one.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I believe the process is currently referred to as "bubble filtering" as executed by the authors of search engines. Your personal repeatable search parameters are recorded by the search engines and define search results based on your search habits, ergo we all eventually get different results. Yet another marketing mole-hunt.
Troll

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well good. I just typed in "case 446 +no travel" and this site came up third on the first page. When I joined I couldnt get it to come up at all. I think that was early March.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Time and site content. As more time passes and the site content continues to expand, the BOTS will continue to push this site further up the rankings. Four months ago, we were somewhat occupied with trying various searches to see what happened. Now that our post count is closing in on the 20,000 mark and the membership will exceed 900 in a day or two.... we don't really talk about where we rank in searches. People are joining this site at the rate of 30 plus every ten days or so. I don't know if we are more pleased at that fact or shocked that it is happening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.