Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share a few pictures of my new favorite thing....(tractor wise that is...) I took these last week before our computer took a dive so these came off my wife's camera, all my other good pics are still on the old hard drive until I rescue them to a new machine.

You guys remember how much I went through tto get this cab, well..... With the new wider tires on the rear and some fine tuning the doors and mounts, this is what it came out like. I have only seen a few 200 series with the cab, IMO mine is looking the best I have seen so far.

I still have to make some sort of plexi panel and skirt to seal up around the bonnet, but i will say that even like this I cut grass the other day in the low 50's in nothing but a t shirt and shorts and was toasty warm the whole time.

Best $250 I have spent since starting this hobby!!!

I got lucky when I found my suitcase weights, not many sets still have the rear mount brackets, but mine does so here soon I will be mounting those puppies on the rear and completing the look of a snow destroying monster.

I will get more pics when I get my camera and computer situation sorted out.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, tell you what really surprised me about the cab is how solid it is when mounted to the tractor body. I can shake it hard by the top of the roof and there is almost zero wiggle, maybe a 1/16th inch. All that fit nicely in the trunk of a 95 camry at one time. Loving it!!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Drew,
It is good to see you back in action. That tractor has come a long way in the last year or so. Very nice set up. :thumbsup:

Could you do me a huge favor? I need some measurements to determine the fate of a cab that I rescued from a John Deere this Spring.

Roof to fender dimension and roof to bottom of front support dimension.

Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeff, thanks for the kind words my man, I remember seeing pictures of your cab a while back, if it werent for the doors saying Deere on them i would swear what you have is a case cab. I will grab those measurements later on this evening and post them for you.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Tom, you probably need it more than i do with some of the weather where you are. :thumbsup: :drinkbuddies:

Jeff, the front post measures 53 3/4" from the very bottom to the top of the front support. Keep in mind that it doesn't go all the way to the roof, only slightly less. The rear support is 43" from bottom to top of the support but only 39" from the fender to the side gutter channel.

·
Registered
352 Posts
kungdrew said:
Jeff, the front post measures 53 3/4" from the very bottom to the top of the front support. Keep in mind that it doesn't go all the way to the roof, only slightly less. The rear support is 43" from bottom to top of the support but only 39" from the fender to the side gutter channel.
It looks like the rear of my cab has the identical measurements. But, the front post is only 51" top to bottom. :headscratcher: :headscratcher: I dont think my cab will be an exact fit for for any Case tractor, but it seems to have a little more potential for a 200 series.

Thanks for the info Drew, I am all done hijacking your thread now! :trink:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Drew: I recall a trip with your son and the Camry went off the road in a snowstorm somewhere well north of you? Anyhow that cab and tractor look real sweet! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Does it get real cold where you are in Kentucky?
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rich, yeah it gets cold to me, I don't do well below freezing with poor circulation my extremities don't last very long. I lose a lot of fine control in my hands and feet and my core has to work hard to keep me running. This cab will make outdoor work much more bearable. Here this past winter we had almost two months of below freezing temps. No I know for some of you guys that's nothing, but I aint what Iused to be and that hawk starts flying around november so I wanted to be ready.
Sly, the flow control is on hold while I look for another machine, or rebuilld a K.
I'd get some pics but I had a bad electronics week and broke my digi camera and fried a motherboard within a couple of days. My wife's smart phone is the only device I can use and she is stingy.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I remember the day I had my :fingerscrossed: that it was maybe going for sale. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I wanted that Cab :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Looks GREAT KD :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Waiting for the photo of the suitcases :trink: :trink:

What kind of tires are you going to run on the front :headscratcher: :headscratcher:

I agree with Sly on the FCV :thumbsup: As Brian said in another post The FCV is the icing on the Cake :thumbsup: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

:drinkbuddies: :canada: :drinkbuddies:

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the weights and brackets painted, and hung them on the rear.

Here you guys go with some pics of the footrest mounts.

Here is the PTO valve seated directly in the center of the opening.

10 gallons of beet juice 120lbs
D8 cast weights 110lbs
L-11 suitcase weights 160lbs
Cab weight 50lbs
operator weight 260lbs
--------------------------------------
Grand total of 700 lbs on the rear axle, facto in 2 link chains and I should be good to go anywhere I want.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.