Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

Already sold. Guy named Earth at MTF brought it from kbowley.

We are truly a community, aren't we? :smile:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

In my opinion, it was well worth the asking price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

I've seen that tractor and it is as nice of an original Desert Sunset tractor as I've seen in many years. The Case trailer looks like it was never used.
I saw a package deal at one of my JD dealers in R.I. today that I told him that I would try to help him move. I've known about it for 5 months but have kept quiet in hope that I could buy it but it doesn't appear that that is going to happen. It's a 3018 (power steering) with a cab, weights and chains. It comes with a snowcaster, deck (I didn't look but this might be hyd.) a vac and a chipper-shredder. The tractor is showing 192 hours. It's there on consignment and they are asking $3000. As charming as I am I couldn't get them to budge on the price or it would be heading to Maine. If interested let me know. Gregg
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

Nutcase446 said:
I've seen that tractor and it is as nice of an original Desert Sunset tractor as I've seen in many years. The Case trailer looks like it was never used.
I saw a package deal at one of my JD dealers in R.I. today that I told him that I would try to help him move. I've known about it for 5 months but have kept quiet in hope that I could buy it but it doesn't appear that that is going to happen. It's a 3018 (power steering) with a cab, weights and chains. It comes with a snowcaster, deck (I didn't look but this might be hyd.) a vac and a chipper-shredder. The tractor is showing 192 hours. It's there on consignment and they are asking $3000. As charming as I am I couldn't get them to budge on the price or it would be heading to Maine. If interested let me know. Gregg
So. let's just back up a bit.

The asking price for the package is $3000.00

A decent, used chipper/shredder is worth $800.00 minimum all day long. We are at $2200.00

The weights and chains would likely bring $200.00 on e-bay so we're at $2000.00

The SB-48 snowcaster is worth $400.00 to $500.00 - Now we're down to $1600.00

Allowing $300.00 for a decent soft cab, we've dropped to $1300.00

If the "vac" is a Hydra-Bagger, those are worth $600.00 and a Hydra-Vac with the trailer is easily worth $800.00.

So....at the end of the day. we have a 18 HP Vanguard powered Ingersoll Lo Pro garden tractor c/w with the mowing deck and the rear PTO ($200.00 on its own) with only 192 hours on it for $700.00 and they haven't been able to sell it?

A new 3000 with a deck would likely cost $6000.00. To buy that package new, you would spend well over ten grand.

That's a deal and a half. Look at what three grand gets you at Lowe's or HD. JUNK.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

I have to agree with Tom on this, too bad I don't have that much saved up or I would figure out a way to get it myself, maybe the economy is just that bad right now and nobody has any extra cash???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

kungdrew said:
maybe the economy is just that bad right now and nobody has any extra cash???
I purchased my tractor on a Sunday. Got laid off on Monday. No extra cash around here, that's for sure.

BTW, Ingersoll is 30 minutes from me. I've been looking but they have nothing available.
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
1,801 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

Bill.H said:
BTW, Ingersoll is 30 minutes from me. I've been looking but they have nothing available.
Please explain this statement in detail. Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,129 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

The 3018 is a Onan. The cab is the OE with soft doors. The machine is there on consignment. The dealer got tired of driving it out front every day so till spring it sits in his storage building. It's a great little mom and pop dealership but marketing used equip is definately not their strong suit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,052 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

Where in RI is this at? Id like to stop in and take a look at it. Did the dealer mention anything about splitting the package up?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

mastifflawyer said:
Bill.H said:
BTW, Ingersoll is 30 minutes from me. I've been looking but they have nothing available.
Please explain this statement in detail. Thanks in advance.
I'm job hunting, I've looked but Eastman/Ingersoll doesn't appear to be hiring. I'm a short drive from Portland.
 

·
Site Founder
Joined
·
1,801 Posts
Re: Great Case 224 tractor package, tiller, plow, blower - $

Bill.H said:
mastifflawyer said:
[quote="Bill.H":17kwdi71]

BTW, Ingersoll is 30 minutes from me. I've been looking but they have nothing available.
Please explain this statement in detail. Thanks in advance.
I'm job hunting, I've looked but Eastman/Ingersoll doesn't appear to be hiring. I'm a short drive from Portland.[/quote:17kwdi71]

Phew-I thought you meant they had not tractors. Thanks for clearing that up.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top