Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 L Diesel
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this lift at a golf course work shop and got the idea I could add some crossmembers to my 9000# 2 post lift and use it for my GT's. I was going to see if I could locate some old guard rail to make the cross members out of. Do you think it would be stout enough without any additional support. My heveiest tractor would be a Kubota BX 2360 with deck and backhoe attachment. Probably would lift it with backhoe on though. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Some quick Googling shows that the Scag that's on there in the pics is a little under 1300lbs whereas your Kubota BX is a little over 1300lbs so I would say it should be fine if you copy their design. I personally would add some stiffening elements to add a factor of safety onto it just to be safe. If you're going to be under it, might as well over-build it or else a cracked skull would be the best-case scenario.

·
Administrator
4,434 Posts
Sweet setup for a dealership or repair shop. I would question the actual use it would get with our Cases. They shouldn't require THAT much repair requiring a lift which takes up a crapload of space. They are not MTDs/Cub Cadets after all,,,

·
Registered
311 Posts
I saw this lift at a golf course work shop and got the idea I could add some crossmembers to my 9000# 2 post lift and use it for my GT's. I was going to see if I could locate some old guard rail to make the cross members out of. Do you think it would be stout enough without any additional support. My heveiest tractor would be a Kubota BX 2360 with deck and backhoe attachment. Probably would lift it with backhoe on though. Thanks
With a two post lift will your arms extend enough so that you could use the guard rail as tack to drive onto so that the pads location of the lift arms end up under or near the tires? Mid span of the rail will be the weakest point. If you are crossing that only while driving on, near the ground, there is less chance of something going wrong.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With a two post lift will your arms extend enough so that you could use the guard rail as tack to drive onto so that the pads location of the lift arms end up under or near the tires? Mid span of the rail will be the weakest point. If you are crossing that only while driving on, near the ground, there is less chance of something going wrong.
Yes I think they would extend and be close enough to drive onto. I will take a look when I get home from work in 2 weeks. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet setup for a dealership or repair shop. I would question the actual use it would get with our Cases. They shouldn't require THAT much repair requiring a lift which takes up a crapload of space. They are not MTDs/Cub Cadets after all,,,
I don't work on my own vehicles much anymore and I don't want to see the lift just sitting there so I thought I would use for my GT's. It's easier for me to work on them waist high than on the floor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some quick Googling shows that the Scag that's on there in the pics is a little under 1300lbs whereas your Kubota BX is a little over 1300lbs so I would say it should be fine if you copy their design. I personally would add some stiffening elements to add a factor of safety onto it just to be safe. If you're going to be under it, might as well over-build it or else a cracked skull would be the best-case scenario.
Stiffening the guard rail would be a plus for sure.

·
Registered
459 Posts
This is what we did. The wood is those engineered trusses, I think that’s what they are called, they use to build houses. Been working good for us. Wheels normally sit over the post arms. Once the lift goes up the arms lock in place. We made a sliding jack thing too. Slides front to back. If you want to use it. Works great. And a couple of wheel chock's.

Noel

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is what we did. The wood is those engineered trusses, I think that’s what they are called, they use to build houses. Been working good for us. Wheels normally sit over the post arms. Once the lift goes up the arms lock in place. We made a sliding jack thing too. Slides front to back. If you want to use it. Works great. And a couple of wheel chock's.

Noel

Noel
That looks like it does work well. I'd thought about doing something like that but with metal runners, they would be too heavy I think. I like the runners to drive on, and the jack for front or rear tire, spindle or axle service. I'd like the cross members for deck service, it being a little more open. I just need to spend more time in the shop so I could get stuff done like that. Thanks for the pics, good info.

·
Registered
311 Posts

Noel
That is basically what I was trying to describe that the OP do with guardrails instead of wood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts