Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I have spent the last ten minutes wiping egg off my face as a result of my post.

Do not buy this pump.

Today, I looked at the photo again and even though it is wrapped in plastic, I can make out that this pump as a SPLINED input shaft which is useless to any Case owner. My deepest apologies. I missed that detail due to my haste and the packaging. Those are my excuses and I'm sticking to them. :sidelaugh:

Damn..... I hate not being .......perfect.

:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
hwcase 442 said:
Why is this pump useless to a case owner? Lovejoy makes bore/keyway and spline bore conbinations You may want to put a new lovejoy on anyways Thanks
Yes.. that can be done but it adds to the cost. Secondly, splined shafts often need special lubrication to protect the splines because the shaft is not fixed to the coupler. The coupler just "floats" on the splined shaft. I can't tell you if the splined shaft on that pump is long enough to do the job or too long without going and checking the spec's. Therefore, I am not going to recommend anything unless I am sure that it will work for the buyer.

This is the CCI forum. Please.... don't confuse us with the "other guys" who say things like "I think it will work for you" or "Looks good to me". Once you buy that pump..... you own it.......along with the shipping costs. Now... if you want to make the purchase, then by all means proceed. Let us know how it worked out and what it cost you in total. We are always interested in options. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Parts have part # fo a reason ! A keyed shaft or a spline shaft are not going to share the same part # Rather than look throught a plastic bag to make a decision I have Emailed seller to find out for sure! as i can't tell

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
He declared the pump to be a 4F667 Haldex. That is a number that is quite familiar to me as it happens to be the very one that I recommend for the older Colt and Case tractors as well as the 600 Series. That's what I went on when I first posted but then I took another look and saw what appears to be a splined input shaft. Maybe he's using a generic photo. I don't know. Let us know what his reply is. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have my reply from seller, and it is a keyed shaft ! I started this thread to help others as i have read where this pump is recommended on certain model tractors. it does't fit my Tractor. Its about $105 dollars cheaper than a pump from Grainger Thanks Harry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.