Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
Man for that price Harrisburg isn't that far away! My wife would kill me if I brought home another project as I'm struggling to finance the one I'm working on now. Somebody will get a great deal. I just hope it's not grabbed up by someone that wants to part it out for "easy money".
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
Actual production numbers for anything produced by Colt, Case or Ingersoll have never been released.

However, what is a known fact is that the Black Frame/White Seat tractors began to be built late in 1983 and ended when the 1985 models began. Therefore, in comparison to the Sunset or Power Red models, the Black Frame tractors are in the "limited production" class already. If that is a 116, then I'd speculate that it is a lot rarer than any Black Frame GT. As time marches on, more and more Black Frame tractors will disappear due to being parted out or scrapped. This will make them even rarer and more highly prized by collectors.

Do you know that saying "If only I knew way back then what I know now." ?

Guess what?

You've been told.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,013 Posts
Billygoat said:
I am looking at the deck and wondering if that is an LT vs. a 200 GT series?
Even an LT is worth that even if it's just to cut grass with, will hold up better than those cheapies out there. Would be a good tractor for the Grandkids to learn on.
Yes-good for a suburban yard or to collect too. :usa: Would be nice in a lineup with other black frame 200s and 400s. It is an attractive looking LT. :trink: :trink: :trink:
Best Regards, Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
These are hard to find by me. I want to get one someday, but the LT has been a hard one for me to come up with.
I like what Hydriv said about the black frame GT's... my thoughts exactly, which is why I have 2 of them and hope to add a 448 224 222 220 210 and an LT to the 226 and 446 I have now. :thumbsup: :wink: lol
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,013 Posts
Mjoe7 said:
These are hard to find by me. I want to get one someday, but the LT has been a hard one for me to come up with.
I like what Hydriv said about the black frame GT's... my thoughts exactly, which is why I have 2 of them and hope to add a 448 224 222 220 210 and an LT to the 226 and 446 I have now. :thumbsup: :wink: lol
Mjoe: That's funny, I was thinking of your tractor in the Avatar when I made that comment! :usa: I hope you make that goal, that would definitely be a front page line up! Hope all is well out west at the homestead and you are pulling out of the winter.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
Mjoe7 said:
These are hard to find by me. I want to get one someday, but the LT has been a hard one for me to come up with.
I like what Hydriv said about the black frame GT's... my thoughts exactly, which is why I have 2 of them and hope to add a 448 224 222 220 210 and an LT to the 226 and 446 I have now. :thumbsup: :wink: lol
Mjoe: That's funny, I was thinking of your tractor in the Avatar when I made that comment! :usa: I hope you make that goal, that would definitely be a front page line up! Hope all is well out west at the homestead and you are pulling out of the winter.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
Thanks Rich... It's getting warmer here, plowing lots of slush around right now. I hope I make that goal to. hehe. I will someday. It's just that I need to restore them as I get them otherwise I get behind. No sense in having it if it does'nt do what it was made for. :mowlawn: I can't wait to get my Onan back from the machine shop, then that will be one down. I am starting on the avator 226 next. I will have this one done much faster than the current project 446 I'm finishing up. That thng was rough to say it mildy, looked ok but everything was worn out. Plus I have been to busy to stay dedicated to it until now.

Ironically I have a lead on a 116 black frame and a 224 so wish me luck. :thumbsup: :fingerscrossed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
Mjoe7 said:
Ironically I have a lead on a 116 black frame and a 224 so wish me luck. :thumbsup: :fingerscrossed:
Good luck, Mjoe. I've never run across a black frame YT for sale. Good "future collectible" to grab up while you still can. Likewise for the Black Knight LTs. I'd love to have one of those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
We're gonna have to nickname you Mike "quick draw" Bramel. Another nice machine, but that one in Hburg has its original white seat and is a smokin' deal. I hope both end up in the hands of enthusiasts, or at least homeowners who will take proper care of them.
John
"So little time, so little money"
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,013 Posts
NutCASE said:
Thanks...ya although it is a little guy, I currently own a 222 Black Frame so this would be a very nice add to the collection. I pointed out to Jack yesterday that all I needed is a 400 series to complete the collection of 'Black Frames' he says ' you need one of each model' ...see how he is... :thumbsup:
Excellent! Congrats!
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top