Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of the NOS 777 glass headlights from Steve G. Very nice....thank you Steve! :clap: I contacted Brian Hildreth to get a price on the rubber gaskets...part#C14304...and was informed that they are NLA!!! :headscratcher: Do you guys know where to get those gaskets?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Mr onetwo said:
I just bought a set of the NOS 777 glass headlights from Steve G. Very nice....thank you Steve! :clap: I contacted Brian Hildreth to get a price on the rubber gaskets...part#C14304...and was informed that they are NLA!!! :headscratcher: Do you guys know where to get those gaskets?
Well, I guess that it had to happen sooner or later. Ingersoll switched to a different headlamp unit several years ago that did not use those gaskets. Presumably, they had X number of those gaskets in their inventory and those are now gone.

I don't know of another source at the moment. I never thought that these gaskets would be a problem.

No need to apologize 99. That sounds like a plan to me and if it is done carefully, who would know?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Try looking for a sheet of 1/8" thick rubber material and cut out your own gaskets. You could even use a sheet of cork if you didnt have the RTV lying around. The biggest thing to remember is you want something that will absorb vibration. Also, another option for you is a roll or weatherstripping with a self adhesive side. Your local home center will carry these rolls in different sizes to suit your needs.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I will cut the gaskets out of sheet cork.Does anyone have a set of plastic lenses in good shape that they would be willing to part with?I have decided to sell my Ingersoll 224 ,because I love my old 444 so much more! :thumbup: :446: I don't want to waste a set of glass eyes on a tractor I am going to sell.Thanks everyone! :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.