Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Case 644 Loader
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, proud owner/user of a '78 Case 644... but with a ear-shatteringly loud exhaust. I am having a heck of a time trying to find any pics of the original routing of the exhaust system, or specs.

So I have a few questions... first is whether or not anyone has such pics to share with me, and second, if anyone would be willing to share some pics and details of their own setups, if they're not stock. I'm struggling to even find a decent muffler, locally, that will fit behind the heat shield and allow the hood to close.

I'd appreciate any and all help, as I love this thing, and use it a lot... but I can only spend so much time in the seat even with ear protection, and I hate being "that guy" with my neighbours, even if they're a fair distance away.

·
Registered
Case 644 Loader
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should add... currently, header is threaded into cylinder, and routes to the left hand of the tractor and down in behind the heat shield, exiting behind the front left wheel. It's a homebrew from the previous owner by the looks of it.. involving a flared exhaust pipe held on with springs.

·
1,861 Posts
I have a ton of 646 pictures but 644 pictures are in short supply the few that I have that show mufflers are attached. That muffler looks a lot like the muffler on a 155:

The parts manual for the latest 644(B) show that they went to a vertical muffler on the front left corner of the engine like the 646 had been using all along. That started at SN 9731697..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Sdunt,

Beauty 644 you've got! I'm in the process of restoring my 644 right now and am wondering what size the rear tires are on your tractor?

I have a ton of 646 pictures but 644 pictures are in short supply the few that I have that show mufflers are attached. That muffler looks a lot like the muffler on a 155:

View attachment 121426
View attachment 121427

The parts manual for the latest 644(B) show that they went to a vertical muffler on the front left corner of the engine like the 646 had been using all along. That started at SN 9731697..

·
Administrator
6,110 Posts

View attachment 121426
View attachment 121427

Isn't there someone on the site that sells this style muffler? I somewhat forget the owner,, but he's got lots of case tractors,, and a forklift mast mounted on the back of one?

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,344 Posts
Isn't there someone on the site that sells this style muffler? I somewhat forget the owner,, but he's got lots of case tractors,, and a forklift mast mounted on the back of one?
That would be Steve Guider who is a member here, I have sold quite a few of his mufflers but at this time the gentleman who was making them cannot supply any. We have them marked as NLA on our website currently.

Bob

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you have 4” between the loader and hood you could probably run a 19053 muffler but I don’t believe it is the original style for this tractor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts