Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Will be buying a Ingersoll 4016 this friday if all checks out OK.
The ad says it has 575 hours, leaks and burns no oil, comes with plow, deck, and chains.
$1400. I discovered these tractors while trying to find parts for a broke down JD Saber 2554. I'm no gearhead, but I turn a wrench pretty well.

Any suggestions on what to look for before forking over the cash for the 4016 would be welcome.
The 4016 has the B&S vanguard.

P.S. The JD 2554, brand Scotts, is for sale if anyone is interested, needs a stator, and one of the valve cover bolts is cracked off inside, could use new front tires but they are not to bad, rears are new. Always ran great.
Make offer. Located in Antioch, IL

·
Administrator
8,284 Posts
X
Welcome glad to have you hear and really glad to help convert you over to the Power Red side.:clap:
First thing look for leaks,:mechanic: take it for a spin make sure the clutch works use it like it was yours, cut some grass.:thumbup:
If he has a blade and chains see if he holding out on the wheel weights, would be nice to have them when winter comes back.
ASK QUESTION when was the last time in was serviced what did they do.:oops:
X there plenty of threads in the Classified Section check out the prices, do some reading in the main forum too.
Sure hope it works out for you, 4016 is a good tractor and we want a update if all possible.:mowlawn:
Enjoy your time here and thanks for joining CCI.:thumbup:

bigman

·
Registered
64 Posts
SmittyX,

Welcome to CCI! Thanks for joining.
Your 4016 sounds good for that price with attachments if it runs out well.
good luck.

Jim

·
Administrator
2,805 Posts
Welcome.

I am working on a member map.
If you check this post (click on it) and follow the instructions you can get yourself on that map.

http://casecoltingersoll.com/threads...CCI-Member-map

Tips for newcomers...

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. :thumbup:
The search box is on the upper RH corner of every page.

Take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.
http://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...-Tractor-FAQ-s

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.
http://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...hnical-Library

Reactions: SmittyX

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Got it, well, have not picked it up yet, but won the auction and it's not the one we were going to buy.
The one we were going to buy only had a snow blade.... found another one on the bay, that had, tiller, a deck, snow blower, tire weights, tire chains, some suitcase weights, some factory paint, a lighted case sign , a Case belt buckle, and more. LOL Oh yeah, this one has the Onan, rather than the Vanguard. The gentleman selling it say's it blows just a wee bit of smoke at startup, Valve adjustment maybe? Thanks for the welcome and the advice.
Oops, I'l ask about the smoke in the appropriate area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts