Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Welcome to our wee forum Steve. It's nice of you to share your video with us. I see that you live in Shrewsbury. A few years ago, I drove through your village on the way to the M6 after leaving Wales. We had spent the day in Welshpool and toured Powis Castle along with the incredible castle grounds just outside of Welshpool. We ate fish in chips in a shop that claims to have the very best in all of Wales. When I think back on that day, I have to laugh because I had to pay 25 P in order to take a pee. I couldn't believe that they actually had a man in attendance to take your money. :sidelaugh:

I think that if you spend some time looking around our site, you will find that we have a lot to offer the Colt, Case and Ingersoll owners, enthusiasts and collectors.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hydriv said:
Welcome to our wee forum Steve. It's nice of you to share your video with us. I see that you live in Shrewsbury. A few years ago, I drove through your village on the way to the M6 after leaving Wales. We had spent the day in Welshpool and toured Powis Castle along with the incredible castle grounds just outside of Welshpool. We ate fish in chips in a shop that claims to have the very best in all of Wales. When I think back on that day, I have to laugh because I had to pay 25 P in order to take a pee. I couldn't believe that they actually had a man in attendance to take your money. :sidelaugh:

I think that if you spend some time looking around our site, you will find that we have a lot to offer the Colt, Case and Ingersoll owners, enthusiasts and collectors.
cool yes welshpool is a nice place, me being a train spotter i like the steam railway there and my friend works there :)
it is funny, they charge in some railway stations too now some have machines to put your money in and some have people there

thanks
steve

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
stevebgr said:
thanks

would be nice to make them and sell them but i dont think there is a anyone to sell them to here in england as i have only ever seen 1 case other than mine
Welcome :wave:
I would certainly think that`s a very rare bird in the U.K. Nice hitch, nice tractor, nice garden.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
99flhr said:
stevebgr said:
thanks

would be nice to make them and sell them but i dont think there is a anyone to sell them to here in england as i have only ever seen 1 case other than mine
Welcome :wave:
I would certainly think that`s a very rare bird in the U.K. Nice hitch, nice tractor, nice garden.
thanks
yes i am hopeing to get 2 case's together side by side (mine and a 446 i saw at another rally last year) at the local steam and vintage vehicle rally in august :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BushBoneYard said:
stevebgr said:
me being a train spotter i like the steam railway there and my friend works there :)
Big train guy myself. Longtime "railfan" - I like train spotter better lol. Have not been trackside in a few years though, but the HO scale layout gets some attention.
lol i also like "train twitcher" (as in twitch every time i see a train!)
i used to get cheep and free rail travel to London because my friend used to volunteer for them wich was grate fun but in febuary the company closed because they were £5m in dept!

for my videos of steam and diesel trains over here: http://www.youtube.com/user/steambgr?feature=mhee

steve

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Guys,
Our newest member lives in a town that is steeped in history. Shrewsbury was founded some time around 800 AD but it existed under different names prior to that date. There are over 600 buildings there that have historical significance including Shrewsbury Castle that was erected in 1074 and became the home for the Earl of Shrewsbury, a title that still exists today. Charles Darwin was born and raised in Shrewsbury. The town is a living gem of Tudor style homes with their English Oak exposed beam wall construction and white plastered areas that fill the spaces between the beams.

The town also boasts an Abbey that dates back to 1063 thanks to the 1st Earl of Shrewsbury. If any of you watched Sir Derek Jacobi in his role as Brother Cadfael on PBS, the Abbey was the inspiration for the author of the mystery series. It is alleged that Henry VIII had intended to make Shrewsbury a Cathedral town but they turned him down. Imagine the balls you would have needed to deliver that message.

The name of the town is so significant that there is a Shrewsbury in Quebec as well as in Massachusetts, Oregon, Missouri, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Vermont and Louisiana.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Steve: Welcome to the group, we're glad you joined!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: The 3 point hitch looks awesome, nice work!
Please take a look around and be sure to check out the comprehensive Technical Library. Look forward to talking on the site. :trink:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Hydriv said:
Guys,
Our newest member lives in a town that is steeped in history.
The name of the town is so significant that there is a Shrewsbury in Quebec as well as in Massachusetts, Oregon, Missouri, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Vermont and Louisiana.
I would really like to visit Europe some day. Especially England, France, Austria and Germany. It has to be neat to visit historical sites especially castles, almost 1000 years old. Farthest I ever went was Antigua in the West Indies. :wtf:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.