Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello , just joined here this weekend after purchasing a 1977 case 646 loader 3 weeks ago i posted saturday about some issues and promptly recieved replys with help . i will be attempting to replace the 4 bolts in the rear differential just ordered parts . as i lost low gear this weekend. other than that i am pleased with this machine motor hydraulics seem strong and tight. spent the first 3 days cleaning and maintaining machine degrimed motor head cooling fins, changed filters ,fluids, replaced grease zerks had 2 work pivots with heat and pb blaster to take grease, moved seat back with support bracket. clean front cooling radiator. rebend hi/low shift lever to original position works as it should now. im amazed how people dont take care of there equipment . after the repair to differential bolts i will be making some attachments to 3 point ,scarifier for gravel road, land plane, and a tooth bar for bucket. if anyone has experience replacing these bolts i could use the advise

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,315 Posts
airductz
Welcome glad to have you here at CCI. :+1:
Sounds like you have been doing some reading here. :clap:
Sometimes you have to wonder what the PO did to their tractors. :mechanic:
Seem like they just got tired of the tractor and forgot how to keep it up and running.:deadhorse:
Enjoy your time here and thanks for joining our group.:thumbsup:

bigman :thumbup:

·
Site sponsor, Parts Dealer
3,054 Posts
Hello & Welcome airductz, We are glad to have you here with us and hope you ENJOY this great site. Nice looking machine now that you have it all cleaned up. Please let us know if we could help with parts. Take care from Bill & Charlie at Barneveld imp. (site Sponsor)

·
Administrator
2,821 Posts
Welcome

I am working on a member map.
If you check this post (click on it) and follow the instructions you can get yourself on that map.

http://casecoltingersoll.com/threads...CCI-Member-map

Tips for newcomers...

Please go to your member profile and list your location. This helps when you want to price, sell, or buy something.

Please resist the temptation to 'Look with your mouth'. :thumbup:
The search box is on the upper RH corner of every page.

Please take the time to at least scan the titles of the Frequently Asked Questions before you ask one of them.
http://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...-Tractor-FAQ-s

Visit the technical library and see what a wide range type of information is available there.
http://casecoltingersoll.com/forumdi...hnical-Library

Reactions: case4468646

·
Administrator
6,213 Posts
Nice looking 646! If you get to the rear diff, please post pictures as you're getting into it. I love to follow along,, and by the first week of Aug,, I should be into my 646 as well,,

·
Administrator
1973 Case 444, 1974 Case 644, 1976 Case 446, 1977 Case 646
2,332 Posts
Welcome airductz and congrats on your 646. They are really a cool machine. I currently have one all apart in my shop and slowly getting it back together. There are very knowledgeable GT owners on this site that can help you with questions. Enjoy that 646 and please post pics when you get into projects.:mechanic:

Keep the Peace :trink:
Harry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.