Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was warned about mentioning how I found this forum, but I might as well tell you. I work with NutCASE :???: and he directed me here. I have been interested in tractors my whole life, and I finally purchased my first tractor last year, and now I want to start my collection. NutCASE tells me this is a perfect place to start, so hello.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Hi to you too, gkendall.

You have my deepest sympathy as to the news that you work with JF. Your days must be constantly filled with fear, apprehension and tension. It wouldn't surprise me to hear that your hair has either gone prematurely grey or it has all fallen out.

As a newbie to the Case line of tractors, there is much for you to learn before you decide which model might best suit your needs. Perhaps........figuring out WHY you want to own an old garden tractor would be the first order of business. NutCase got into this by sheer accident. All he wanted was something that would keep his driveway clean in the winter time and look what happened? In a matter of months, he has slipped from the ranks of being a bit weird to that of "mildly insane" but not a threat to himself. However, he is a threat to others that are around him so never turn your back or allow your focus to wander.

I suggest that you put on your work clothes and accompany JF on one of his trips to Jack's Funny Farm. You will be able to take one of JF's tractors for a spin to discover the "Case experience" first-hand. Jack will be much easier to understand when it comes to answering your questions.

Good Luck,

I think you are going to need it.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello mjodrey, thanks.

Hello Hydrive, I appreciate the status update on my situation. I think I know what you mean, if you know what I mean.

Hello Case 220/4, I got a really good deal on an IH Cub Cadet 70 from a friend of mine. It starts, drives, cuts grass, and has a plow and an extra deck. Plus it has the manual. It is currently in northern Michigan, making it's way back to my house next weekend so I can start renovations.

I like all tractors large and small, just as long as they are old or relatively old. I have my eye on a CASE 442 currently. I have been advised to proceed with caution because currently little is known about it.

What tractor(s) do you have?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
gkendall said:
Hello Hydrive, I appreciate the status update on my situation. I think I know what you mean, if you know what I mean.

Trust me.. I definitely know what you mean......if you know what I mean? :sidelaugh:

Hello Case 220/4, I got a really good deal on an IH Cub Cadet 70 from a friend of mine. It starts, drives, cuts grass, and has a plow and an extra deck. Plus it has the manual. It is currently in northern Michigan, making it's way back to my house next weekend so I can start renovations.
Over the years, I've done quite a bit of renovation work that involved using a lot of different tools. I've seen most of the Bob Vila and early "This Old House" shows but I have never seen anyone use a Cub 70 to start their renovations. :headscratcher: :headscratcher: :headscratcher: :lol: :lol:

I like all tractors large and small, just as long as they are old or relatively old.

We have something in common then. In addition, I like women too, just as long as they are young or relatively young. :twisted: :twisted:

I have my eye on a CASE 442 currently. I have been advised to proceed with caution because currently little is known about it.
The 442 was introduced in 1969 as part of the PK or Performance King Series of tractors. It came with a 12 HP Kohler K engine. It appeared again in 1970 and 1971 before being permanently discontinued. From my POV, the PK model is the most desirable of the three years but all three are desirable because of the fact that the 442 was only around for 3 years. The first two years used the earlier method of connecting attachments but the 1971 had the current Snap-Fast system. NutCASE will 'splain that to you.

What matters most to ME as a collector is the condition of the tractor, how complete the tractor is and if it comes with desirable options. As an example, a desirable option on a 442 would be the F-30 or G-30 Hy-Lift Kit that uses hydraulics to raise and lower implements. Most of these tractors came with manual lift and having Hy-Lift kinda sets the tractor apart at shows to those who are true Case enthusiasts. What does not matter to me, as a collector, are mower decks unless the tractor is really old and really rare. Decks are just a PITA to have on a show tractor. However, certain models of snow blowers are collectible as are some other attachments.

On the issue of "caution", my advice is that you don't be too cautious or you may miss out on a very collectible tractor. Always try to get the serial number of whatever you are looking at. That's the quickest way to determine the true year. Ask for several photos so you can judge the condition and also figure out on your own as to what options the tractor has.

Cub Cadets are nice machines too. With that package, it would make a nice work tractor for you while you dabble in the collecting and restoring of Case units.

What tractor(s) do you have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.