Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.Been looking for a good web site on these lawn tractors,think I found it.Picked up a 65 Colt Deluxe on Saturday,don't know much about these tractors.I'll be looking for a few small parts and some help in assembling. I have a picture of it in the gallery Thanks John

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi JOHN , Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place. CCI is full of good folks and some are down right intelligent :lol: :lol:. Nice Colt , they are pretty sweet when restored. have a good one --oldfrank-- :canada: {p.s. a few of the greeters will be around shortly to welcome you official } :coolphotos:

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
John, welcome to the site, we're glad you joined! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Please feel at home on the site, we have a great membership here. Be sure to check out the History on the front page, the Technical Library and Tractor FAQs on the board index. Up top are FAQs on how to use the many features of the site. Look forward to talking on site!
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Thank you for selecting our forum, John. We will try to not disappoint you.

Your Colt is in amazing condition considering its age. I hope that you have the right side hood spear in that mess of parts on the work bench because those are nearly impossible to locate. That's the only item I can see missing in the photos you posted. Since this is your first Colt tractor, you might want to spend some time in two places on our site. If you go to the HOME PAGE and locate the HISTORY link.... click on that. There you will find a photo of a Colt and if you click on the photo, it will open up a revolver that shows the original sales brochure for the 1965 Colts.

The second place is in our Technical Library under the Parts Manual section. You will find a PDF of the original Colt parts book for your tractor. Decals are readily available from Maple Hunter in Texas. Paint is not a problem either. In the Tech Library under Service Manuals/Engines, you will find manuals for your engine. Your Colt is the first one I've seen that is equipped with those wheel weights. Prior to dismantling your tractor any further, I suggest that you take a lot of photos of it right now and more as you begin to remove parts. Make a photo catalogue in your computer so that you can refer to it while putting the tractor back together. Make comparisons between what is shown in the parts manual and what you see on your tractor. You never know what past owners may have done so don't assume anything.

Please feel free to begin your own thread on this work in the Restorations forum. Good luck with your Colt... and it was a really nice buy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You noticed, I don't have the other hood spear. If I can't find one there may be some trim from a car that I could make work,I'll have to do alot of hunting and comparing though.Oh well. I think the hood spears from 40s model chevy pickups are pretty close to what these look like,have to investigate that further. Thanks for the welcomes,and if any body has an extra right side hood spear for one of these let me know if you would sell it. John

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
John,
Yes I noticed. :lol: That's why they pay me the big bucks. :sidelaugh:

You might want to contact mastifflawyer about that spear and see if he can help. If you click on the MEMBERS link at the top right side of the page and then click on mastifflawyer, you will find a mechanism on the left side of your screen to either send him a PM or an E-mail.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thing,how would you be able to tell if the weights are original equipment for the tractor,or if they are some the P O just bolted on and painted that color. Thanks again. John

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
John,
The rest of the members are going to rejoice in your question.

Why?

Because I don't have an answer. :sidelaugh:

The members that might be able to answer your question would be Horton20 and oldcasecoltguy. Please feel free to contact them via PM or e-mail if neither one of them read this thread in the next couple of days and reply to your question. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
John,
You can pretty much take that opinion to the bank. Jim (oldcasecoltguy) has seen a lot of these tractors over the years and I certainly trust his advice. If you get a chance, you could remove the weights to see if the backside of them happens to be a different colour. If it isn't, then you could try some paint remover on a cloth and remove the top layer in the hopes of discovering the original colour hiding below the burgundy.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good idea,think I'll try that .Little more of the story on how I ended up with the Colt.Freind of mine bought a pickup from an older guy 72 and gave him the tractor.I'm going to fix the seat in the pickup (new cover) so we traded,no money will change hands.So then I called the guy who owned it today,he say he had owned it for 4 years,he bought it from the original owner in northern MN.Well he did a little work on it,then some theives brock in to his shop and stole the mower deck and a snowblower that went with the tractor and some other things,but not the tractor,pissed him off and said he was going to trash the tractor, Collin came along and he gave it to him instead. So thats how I ended up with it.By the way ,I did ask him about the weights ,he claimed them to be colt,I'd have to agree with Jim though,they most likly aren't colt weights.For what I know about these tractors you could put in your eye and still see good. John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.