Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to fab up a set of rear mounts to put snap fast stuff on my 195. I need to know how far down and back the pins should be. I have a piece of .187" plate I was going to blow them out of, was going to put them in the press brake and jog them so they will bolt on with the stock mule drive holes. I wanted a 48" caster and found one that is hanging on my tractor down there and it gives me a pretty good idea where they should be, but want to get it right the first time. Thanks for any help guys.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
This suggestion is NOT to preclude other members from giving you the measurements you seek BUT....

you could remove the mule mounting plate from the snow blower you have and then mount it to the 195 by sliding an appropriate sized pin through the holes in the front of the 195's frame. Then, square the mule plate to the tractor's frame and secure it using C-clamps and flat bar. Use some flat washers to center the mule plate on the tractor. You are now in a position to take accurate measurements that will give you the drop, setback and offset.

Just thinking out loud. :trink:


I believe that the OEM conversion kit used existing holes in the frame, thus making this a "bolt-on adapter". So, inspect your frame carefully once you remove the old attachment system and make your brackets to suit the existing frame holes. Perhaps Bart will chime in here because I think that he has a tractor with that kit on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hydriv, yes, they were bolt on kits and I can do without the snap pins for now unless someonw has a kit they would post photos of then I would make them one piece the first time. When it comes to the ag line I have half a basement full of nos equipment parts but nothing for the lawn and garden stuff. Hydriv, what you said is what I was in going to do but was unsure if the front of the plate was supposed to be straight up and down as a good closeup of that area seems to be hard to find but I did find a picture on here of an upside down 446 frame on here that helped a ton.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, thanks to all who helped. It took me a couple hours of :fingerscrossed: :headscratcher: :twisted: :crazy: :think: but I have brackets that work. I now need to wait until my buddy opens for business Monday so I can borrow his press brake and bend some .250 stock to make a better lift lever arm as the one I rigged up didn't clear the lift lever depth block very well. Last problem I had was after I welded everything together for the last time, bolted them on the frame and tried to remove the caster, some moron forgot to measure the pins and they were so long that the mule wouldn't come off! I will have to cut that guy's pay :think: CASE offered the H39 adapter plate kit but it greatly limited how the axle pivoted, and you had to install a bent tie rod, plus it's obsolete. I do not know how these brackets will work with a mower deck as I used the stock front pin holes and they are 1 1/2" higher than what the H39 kit would give you and what a 444 ect would be, but the rear mounts are raised accordingly so it may work. I have also included a picture of the allusive H39 adapter plate kit.



 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top