Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1972 646, 1971 222, 1956 300 CK Skip
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sweet Rigid set of 45* and 37* flaring tools (single flare) and a case 646 that is in need of hoses (will cut and flare the iron tube to make compatible with hoses rather than buy the whole hose/tube run).

How do I do the tube -> hose joint?

I thought just a 37* flare and a tube nut but my 646 connections have a double 37* flare with a ferrule. Is this needed? Are the ferrules specific to 37* or will the copper ones work?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a sweet Rigid set of 45* and 37* flaring tools (single flare) and a case 646 that is in need of hoses (will cut and flare the iron tube to make compatible with hoses rather than buy the whole hose/tube run).

How do I do the tube -> hose joint?

I thought just a 37* flare and a tube nut but my 646 connections have a double 37* flare with a ferrule. Is this needed? Are the ferrules specific to 37* or will the copper ones work?
I can't tell if you're talking about building up your own hose, or if you just mean bulding your own hard lines.

For building your own hard lines, you slide on the JIC nut, then the steel ferrule, then single flare the tube end. Then assemble.

There's no need to double flare. But you do need the purpose-made nuts and ferrules for JIC hydraulic fittings. I buy mine on Ebay, they're called "JIC Flare Sleeves"

I have no experience building up hoses, but I have seen hydraulic powered "A/C hose" crimpers for sale. They come with the crimper itself all the dies to do hoses up to 5/8" for under $200. I'll admit I've been tempted to try one out. Crimping an A/C hose and an hydraulic hose has to be pretty similar.

Bob

·
Registered
1972 646, 1971 222, 1956 300 CK Skip
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Product Auto part Font Engineering Automotive lighting

I asked this question over on a tractor forum too, I was missing the tube sleeve in the equation. The case has some weird connections for the tube-> hose but the modern way is above: 37* single flare on tube backed up with tube sleeve (37*) and then a JIC tube nut, and a make JIC fitting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts