Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
That isn't just a cylinder covering the motor, it is the motor housing. When it comes off parts fall out, lots of them.

The motor comes off the transaxle by removing the four 12 point bolts on the other end of the motor.

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
359 Posts
oefveteran said:
Alright, all is well, seals have been replaced- and if I knew then what I know now my life would be far less complicafed.
:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

While disguising this very subject with Steve Guider once he told me "You better not take that apart unless you reeeeeeally know what you're doin'" He told me parts would fall out all over the place and the chances of me putting those parts back correctly would be against my favor. I feel for ya bud. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Glad you where able to put it back together!!!

Kenneth

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KBear said:
oefveteran said:
Alright, all is well, seals have been replaced- and if I knew then what I know now my life would be far less complicafed.
:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

While disguising this very subject with Steve Guider once he told me "You better not take that apart unless you reeeeeeally know what you're doin'" He told me parts would fall out all over the place and the chances of me putting those parts back correctly would be against my favor. I feel for ya bud. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Glad you where able to put it back together!!!

Kenneth
I can't take all the credit, a good friend with steadier hands was my lifesaver!

Also, it's a 71 444.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.