Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has any good pictures of the Case 118, preferably desert sunset.

I want to show my wife what my 9 month olds first tractor will look like. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
Haha! You guys crack me up! :lol:
Lets just say I know the truth about this 108. I basically saved it from the crusher, but it's so messed up I don't have time to fix it. The blower I got from it is new, never been used so that made it worth the purchase I think. :???:

I'm trying to find a pic of a 118. I may have to scan a pic from my brochure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
I can't help but giggle at how that guy is dressed. Between the mittens, the beanie ball cap and the snowmobile boots it reminds me of how I use to dress for winter............when I was 10. :wave:


EDIT - I have never worn a scarf. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure many of fine masculine man has donned himself a scarf. :chopwood:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,513 Posts
BushBoneYard said:
I can't help but giggle at how that guy is dressed. Between the mittens, the beanie ball cap and the snowmobile boots it reminds me of how I use to dress for winter............when I was 10. :wave:

EDIT - I have never worn a scarf. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure many of fine masculine man has donned himself a scarf. :chopwood:
Long scarfs and rotating equipment.... good idea! :sidelaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
BushBoneYard said:
I can't help but giggle at how that guy is dressed. Between the mittens, the beanie ball cap and the snowmobile boots it reminds me of how I use to dress for winter............when I was 10. :wave:

EDIT - I have never worn a scarf. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure many of fine masculine man has donned himself a scarf. :chopwood:
You left out the charming purple coat with white lapels, severe fashion oversite.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
First of all, he's wearing a tuque.

These were quite popular in the early 70's as was the fleece-lined jacket which was styled on the WW II bomber jacket worn by the crew.

I think that some of you either have bad memories or lived a very sheltered life or are much younger than I think you are. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,125 Posts
Hydriv said:
First of all, he's wearing a tuque.

These were quite popular in the early 70's as was the fleece-lined jacket which was styled on the WW II bomber jacket worn by the crew.

I think that some of you either have bad memories or lived a very sheltered life or are much younger than I think you are. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Either that or we`re victims of the vagaries of computer depiction, looks like a cheap purple vinyl ski jacket on my screen. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

As for popularity, Disco was once the rage and many of todays "celebrities" that you abhor ( as do I) are quite "popular" I recall a diatribe on the social value of Lady Gaga and her ilk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
Hydriv said:
First of all, he's wearing a tuque.

These were quite popular in the early 70's as was the fleece-lined jacket which was styled on the WW II bomber jacket worn by the crew.

I think that some of you either have bad memories or lived a very sheltered life or are much younger than I think you are. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
OK Hydriv, valid points one and all.

But I still need someone to explain those [email protected]#^%! mittens.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,618 Posts
Factually speaking, mittens are warmer than gloves because all your fingers are sharing a single space along with the rest of your hand less the thumb. So, laugh if you want at his choice of hand apparel but when frostbite hits your digits, you will wish that you had chosen mittens and looked like a pussy. :sidelaugh: The string up the sleeves and across your back to keep you from losing your mittens is an extra-cost optional piece of equipment that was recommended by all the moms out there.


I am not defending his colourful apparel. I'm just saying that I can remember those fake-fleece lined jackets, toques, scarves etc quite well from that era.


On a side note, at least Case went to great lengths to produce the Planning Guides that photo was taken from. You won't find anything close to what Case created once the division became Ingersoll and it's even worse now that Eastman is in charge......... sad to say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,348 Posts
:headscratcher: You Southreners :facepalm:

When it's -45 and the wind is blowing 60 plus then this is the outfit I would choose.

That tuque from the 70's is actually a Boston Bruins Tuque :thumbsup:

You wrap the scarf a few times around the face and then pull down real hard on the tuque and that keeps the wind from ripping your scarf off. :thumbsup:

Those boots don't cut it up here. Need Sorel -100 to be comfy :trink:

A sheep skin Bomber Jacket with a few layers of Helly Hansens would be OK.

If you can't wear Mitts then you will not enjoy the Day. I wear gloves inside my mitts. :thumbsup:

:drinkbuddies: :canada:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,574 Posts
Hydriv said:
I think that some of you either have bad memories or lived a very sheltered life or are much younger than I think you are. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
Ditto! :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Maynard :canada:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,272 Posts
Hydriv said:
So, laugh if you want at his choice of hand apparel but when frostbite hits your digits, you will wish that you had chosen mittens and looked like a pussy. :sidelaugh:
:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: Yes, all kidding aside they are a lot warmer. The only major drawback is if you have to handle anything. In reality, I'm one of the last guys in the world that worries about looking tough. Hell, I would wear a My Little Pony hat if it was warm enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,831 Posts
The funny thing is he has his hands up to protect himself from the snowballs being thrown at him from the kids. I was not able to fit the whole two page pic in the scanner that showed this.
Hydriv is write. The old planning guides are filled with great photos and descriptions. I even know the locations of where a few of the pictures where taken and used in the planning guides. I have a few newer ones and they are crap in comparison to say the least.

We should have a competition on who can point out the most unsafe things being done in this picture. :lol:
The sad thing is if this was printed in a new Ingersoll ad today they would probably be sued. :mad:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
3,513 Posts
Mjoe7 said:
The funny thing is he has his hands up to protect himself from the snowballs being thrown at him from the kids. I was not able to fit the whole two page pic in the scanner that showed this.
Hydriv is write. The old planning guides are filled with great photos and descriptions. I even know the locations of where a few of the pictures where taken and used in the planning guides. I have a few newer ones and they are crap in comparison to say the least.

We should have a competition on who can point out the most unsafe things being done in this picture. :lol:
The sad thing is if this was printed in a new Ingersoll ad today they would probably be sued. :mad:
As Hydriv noted, the real question is "if" Ingersoll actually made something like this today! The jacket, pants and boots aside, being that Ingersoll is now in Maine, the Boston Bruins hat would be considered most appropriate. The only thing more appropriate would be a U of Maine Bears hat! :trink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
Our entire family had a pair of those light-colored leather mittens when I was a kid! They werent the warmest but nothing really was back then. Its hard to find a good set of mittens these days. And yes, I wore a pair of these ugly black felt lines boots with navy blue uppers to school.

We wore the stylish 'snorkel' parkas that when zipped up left about a 3 inch diameter hole to see out of. How safe can you get for a kid walking along the road to school!
 

·
Garden Tractor Nerd
Joined
·
359 Posts
Below are mittens required in the summit pack of those "pussy" professional mountain climbers. These are high altitude and cold weather-oriented gloves. Appropriate for cold weather climbs that involve long stretches of cramponing at altitude and minimal use of your hands such as gripping a glacier axe and occasionally bracing yourself against snow and ice. Below are the Alti Mitt by OR used by climbers around the world. They're certainly not your Dads mittens and at a price of $199 your probably gonna think twice before you attempt your next summit. :lol:
[img=center:gk5bw9l7]http://www.aai.cc/gc_gear_review/alti_mitts_double.jpg[/img:gk5bw9l7]
Kenneth
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top