Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone on here have a 4020 ps with a selector valve for independent 3pt operation mine does not have it and I would like to see what it takes to install one thanks in advance as always
Yeti

·
Registered
409 Posts
Does anyone on here have a 4020 ps with a selector valve for independent 3pt operation mine does not have it and I would like to see what it takes to install one thanks in advance as always
Yeti
All you need is a three-way 1,000 psi ball valve like this:.

Plus two quarter inch NPT hoses to connect each of your cylinders lift ports to the two side wings of this valve. And a single hose to connect coming out of your TCV workport into the center fitting of this valve.

When I did mine it didn't cost me more than $50 tops

It works like a charm.

Bob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All you need is a three-way 1,000 psi ball valve like this:.

Plus two quarter inch NPT hoses to connect each of your cylinders lift ports to the two side wings of this valve. And a single hose to connect coming out of your TCV workport into the center fitting of this valve.

When I did mine it didn't cost me more than $50 tops

It works like a charm.

Bob
Where did you mount yours if you don't mind

·
Registered
409 Posts
I mounted it in the removable panel next to the hi/lo transaxle lever. I bought a 1/2" 3-way ball valve, 1/4" were a lot more expensive at the time. But 1/4" is a lot closer to ideal. And I did mine on the "ultra cheap" using shop-made adapter fittings and all shop made (aluminum) hard lines. That's not for most folks, so ignore that part of it, but this video covers the actual install and routing of my selector valve, and I think will be helpful to anyone considering it.

Bob

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thought I'd post where I stuck my selector valve,, On the dash, electric selector valve,,

View attachment 127383

View attachment 127384

View attachment 127385

Actually, I have 2 electric selector valves mounted. The above, is for the 3pt or midlift.
I was looking at an electric selector valve as well as space is a premium on my diesel build. Do you mind sharing what valve you used? There seems to be a plethora of options and I'm not sure which is best for this application.

·
Administrator
6,526 Posts
This is the one I went with, Note, this is in Canadian $, discount by 30% (roughly) for US price.
This one is a 6 way, which means both hoses from the control valve are connected to it, and both hoses going out the cylinder connect to it. So, like from TCV to midlift and a second device, like a 3 pt. 1 valve like this does 2 things,,
Remember I said mine had 2 of theses,, so it does the above, and my second valve does another device,, like this for example,
Wheel Tire Vehicle Tractor Plant

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Tractor

Mounted on a backing plate for 3pt, I could also replace the top link in the below picture, and stick a cylinder on there to do other things.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Auto part Engineering

Hoses plumbed in,
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Rim

I did the same with my 648,, just in case I want to stick on my roll out and double my dirt carrying capacity. The roll out turned out so well, that there are 4 other roll outs in Terrace,, all mounted onto Cat 966's though, like 12 yard buckets, all where I work,for some reason. My only screw up, and there were a few of those,, I wish I'd converted the front bucket of the 648 to a roll out,, that would be the cats meow! Anyways, good decent valve, operated by the flick of a button or toggle switch. Just think, a push button by your toe, step on it and it triggers the 2 device, using say, your lift lever. Seamless transition, :) (Now I'm getting carried away!)

Just throwing more options out there for you.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ray McAvoy did a nice job - I copied his:

This one has some detailed references for parts:

As does this one:

This one is an interesting read:

One thing I found when I installed mine is that the response time for lifting is faster as without it the lighter implement will go up first, so if you are working with the heavier imlpement the lift is delayed until the lighter on tops out.

Best of luck, Willy

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
This is the one I went with, Note, this is in Canadian $, discount by 30% (roughly) for US price.
This one is a 6 way, which means both hoses from the control valve are connected to it, and both hoses going out the cylinder connect to it. So, like from TCV to midlift and a second device, like a 3 pt. 1 valve like this does 2 things,,
Remember I said mine had 2 of theses,, so it does the above, and my second valve does another device,, like this for example,
View attachment 127403

View attachment 127404

Mounted on a backing plate for 3pt, I could also replace the top link in the below picture, and stick a cylinder on there to do other things.
View attachment 127405

Hoses plumbed in, View attachment 127406

I did the same with my 648,, just in case I want to stick on my roll out and double my dirt carrying capacity. The roll out turned out so well, that there are 4 other roll outs in Terrace,, all mounted onto Cat 966's though, like 12 yard buckets, all where I work,for some reason. My only screw up, and there were a few of those,, I wish I'd converted the front bucket of the 648 to a roll out,, that would be the cats meow! Anyways, good decent valve, operated by the flick of a button or toggle switch. Just think, a push button by your toe, step on it and it triggers the 2 device, using say, your lift lever. Seamless transition, :) (Now I'm getting carried away!)

Just throwing more options out there for you.
Not to derail this post.
BUT
The level of “complete or finished” your tractors are is a inspiration. I hope to have the time, patience and the skill someday to turn out a product remotely close to anything you have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts