Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Holding Valves

1451 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  tss8690

My apologies up front if this question has already been asked in this forum, but are holding valves for the older Case tractors compatible across the years and models? I have a '78 446 and am flirting with the idea of purchasing a used holding valve but would like to know if say a holding valve from a '82 222 is compatible with my machine. Also, what's a decent price for a good used holding valve?

Thanks for your assistance!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
There are two options for holding valves--one is an add on unit that attaches to the drive motor and the other is to install a travel control valve with the holding feature built in.

The add-on holding valves should work on any model but it is important when you purchase one that it includes all of the necessary hydraulic tubes or you will have a lot more difficulty installing it.

Installing a new travel control valve involves moving the location of the valve slightly and tweaking the tubes a bit to fit but is not terribly complicated.

The stand alone holding valves generally sell in the $200 range and the travel control valve with the integrating holding valve run $250-300.
Thanks Bart. I was leaning towards the add-on holding valve and have seen a few on ebay. Appreciate the information!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.