Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
341 - 345 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 · (Edited)
Well, that works:

The cylinder body is hitting the arm and limiting the full upward movement. Probably because my original template intended to have the rod end at the arm, not the cylinder end. Easily fixed by repositioning the arm cylinder mount bracket to give me a touch more clearance at the cylinder body.

Theres about 2” more stroke available, which will give right about 5’ of lift at the bucket. Obviously, that’s with the bucket up and I’ll loose about 18-20” in dump position as the bucket rotates down. Still, more than enough lift for my uses.

But thats it for today. Tired, sore sweaty and dirty. Time to go take a nice long shower and maybe go to bed early…

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 · (Edited)
Fixed:

All that was needed was to shift the arm bracket about 1/8” one way and a few more fractions over 1/8” the other. The bucket pivot pin measures 5’ 6” from ground level at full raise.

Arm down and bucket where it will be when done:

You can’t tell in the picture, but the ram is not bottomed. Theres about 3/4-1” of down travel left. That will let me lower the bucket and extra 1-1.5” if I want to dig with it.

Thats all I got done on the tractor today. The rest of the day was spent cleaning the garage. It finally reached a point of “critical mass” and I couldn’t stand it anymore. Too much dirt and metal dust on everything, too many tools out of their places…

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #344 ·
Ready to start work on the curl cylinders. But in order to do that, I need the bucket installed to get the roll back and dump angles correct for the amount of stroke my cylinders have.

So, on to making the quick attach for the bucket:

with the bucket/plate installed, I can start making the rest of the pivots and cylinder mounts.

Really moving along now. Once its all in place, I’ll pull all the loader bits off the tractor and finish it with tig welding on the fab table. At my pace, it should take a couple days to get all the welding done. But it will be strong and (hopefully) neat and clean.

once its all welded up it will be time to turn back to the hydraulics for both the loader and the tractor…

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
suspension seat showed up today:

It does look quite high in the picture, but once I drop my fat butt on it, it drops at least half of the height you see.

It is a touch higher than the original seat, but thats not exactly a bad thing on a loader. It gives me a good all around view of whats going on as well as a better view over the hood to see whats going on at the bucket.

Comfort is 300% better than the old “foam on steel” seat, with the back and side supports and the suspension stroke.

It’s a keeper IMHO.

:)

341 - 345 of 345 Posts