Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dbeiter said:
Hey, is that a Case 300 ag tractor sitting behind the 226, I see it has the hand clutch and full fenders... :thumbsup:
Yes it is. My dad fixed one and got one for labor cost. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dbeiter said:
Mjoe7 said:
dbeiter said:
Hey, is that a Case 300 ag tractor sitting behind the 226, I see it has the hand clutch and full fenders... :thumbsup:
Yes it is. My dad fixed one and got one for labor cost. :thumbup:
Nice!!!! My dad has one of them as well, great little tractors! :thumbsup:
It appears to have the same engine as the VAC just tweaked a little. It has a VA engine block.
I'm not sure if dad's going to fix it up or what. He has a nice 530 diesel and numerous DC's, SC's and Vac's. So there is no shortage of little tractors to do the jobs. :smile:
Later;
Mike

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Yes, the 300 has the same block as the VAC just bigger sleeves, 148 ci vs 124, some of the late VAC14's (like mine) have the 148 in them just with the lower governor settings that only allow 1100 rpm...

Dave

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dbeiter said:
Yes, the 300 has the same block as the VAC just bigger sleeves, 148 ci vs 124, some of the late VAC14's (like mine) have the 148 in them just with the lower governor settings that only allow 1100 rpm...
Dave
The story behind the goverened down engine was The then President of CASE, Clausen (argueablly the worst guy back then to run Case) found out the VAC would actually out power the SC and so he had the VAC governed down to keep it less powerful. They had plans and proto types of "Live Power PTO's" for VAC's but Clausen said he did'nt want the VAC to out perform his precious SC and had them scratch the plans. Had he not made such poor decisions especially in relation to the VAC it would have been the "Ford 8N" of it's time, only better.

My Grandpa had a new VAC14 out on the farm in 1954 and he wanted one because it had so much more power then the VAC13 that I currently own. :headscratcher: I bet it had the 148 engine in it. When I rebuild my VAC I'm going to make it a 148 and have some head work done to it. :rockon:
I currently have my VAC running about 1500 rpm. It makes a difference for sure. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.