Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

Hood Latches.

7K views 27 replies 6 participants last post by  Snotrocket 
#1 ·
I placed an order with Brian a few days ago and inquired about new hood latches for the hood I'm refinishing. It turns out they're no longer available.

The latches themselves that are on my tractor are badly worn and no longer hold the hood in place and the hood I have doesn't have the hooks on them.

Any idea where I can get them?

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Stewart said:
Chuck

fyi. read the tech sec then post your post :thumbsup: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

:
Yeah I've read the parts manual, but like I said I didn't see it. When I inquired to Brian about it he listed them as "Sorry ... Hood latch tab NLA" leading me to believe that they were original equipment but no longer being produced.

Without them my hood would be 1-2 inches off the top of the dash.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Yeah I have those but they don't do a good job of holding the hood down. Maybe the new one will be different. My current hood is pretty tweaked up and is probably the reason the latches were installed in the first place.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
CASE 220/4 said:
Charles, did you just buy another hood? Did it have the same style hinge clips as the OEM one that was on your tractor?
Yeah I bought a nice straight hood on the cheap. I bent my tabs and squeezed in the sides a little and it seems to fit a lot better. I'm just waiting to get a chance to paint the new one and get some new decals on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.