Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a busy summer with everything other than Case GT's, I find my self in the hospital with a "ISSUE" with my aorta. I'm still in the hospital recovering after 3 surgerys in three weeks which they are building my strength up for a fourth and major surgery that hopefully will leave me with a new rebuilt aorta :thumbsup:

Scary stuff..... I was blessed to make it to the hospital in time. Most people with dissected aortas don't make to the hospital in time much less twice in eleven years.

If the good lord is willing, me and the Zebra 446 will be back before the first snow in Missouri!

·
Registered
633 Posts
A gentleman telephoned the hospital and politely asked, "Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?"

The operator said, "I can, what's the name and room number?"

"eBoyDog, Room 302."

The operator replied, "Let me place you on hold while I check with his nurse."

After a few minutes the operator returned to the phone and said, "Oh, I have good news, his nurse just told me that he is doing very well. His blood pressure is fine; his blood work just came back as normal and his physician has scheduled him to be discharged on Tuesday."

The gentleman said, "Thank you. That's wonderful! I was so worried! God bless you!"

The operator replied, "You're more than welcome. Is he your son?"

The gentleman said, "No, I AM eBoyDog in 302. No one tells me squat."

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Get well E Boy Dog! Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.
I looked up your posts the other day for a possible referral to our missing list. Looking forward to seeing you back in action. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
423 Posts
Wishing and praying you the best Edog. It is scary stuff when you're dealing with the heart. All the foods I eat like artery clogging types of food I keep telling myself I better start choosing a better life style or face the thunder. :facepalm:

Good luck with your surgery and just keep telling yourself I'll be all patched up and be back on the forum in no time. :thumbsup: :fingerscrossed: :trink:

Mark

·
Registered
352 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, modern medicine is absolutely amazing.

In 2007, I had a section of my aorta replaced with a piece of Dacron and my aortic valve replaced with a mechanical valve. I was 32 years old at the time and back to work 5 weeks post operation.

4 years later, I am in great health and no heart issues or restrictions. In 2009, I trained and ran my first 1/2 marathon. (Not very fast, but I finished.) When going into the surgery, I was worried about surviving, what life would be like after, what physical restrictions I would have, etc. Now, life is as normal as it ever was and I never really think about the surgery.

You may be nervous now, and that is completely understandable, but stay positive and things will get better. I wish you the best of Luck and a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
eBoy Dog [email protected] to me show details 9:47 PM (7 hours ago)

Doing better. Pretty much anything that could go wrong has

I'm torn up from surgerie complications. just got home from the hospitil after all most 7 months.

Had to regsign my job so I'm drawing long term disibiy.

Didn't the first snow. In fact I haven't fired anything up but I'm still in a wheel chair.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow, not the reply that I was hoping to hear. It always amazes me how medicine can make miracles for some and cause nightmares for others.

Hang in there, it sounds like things can only get better. Stay positive.

Best wishes.

·
Registered
629 Posts
We need to look on the bright side for Edog.... hopefully our prayers and wishes for recovery have gotten this far, so we need to keep it up. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.