Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my garden shed finished last week. I have been busy at work to boot, so that cuts into free time, but like Gramps used to say "Make hay while the sun is shining boy". I helped the neighbor pour 20 yards of concrete this morning, so tomorrow morning is time to work on the 446. I have the oil drained, so it might not be TOO messy. I have to get it done before it gets too cold. Then it is time for a snow caster tune up. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got to the tractor. Good news and bad.
Here are a couple of pics. The first one shows some oil tank deformity from the HOT oil it was trying to contain. The second shows some scoring in the pump. The third shows an old style pump from my 224 parts tractor that wont fit in my 446 (after a couple hours of trying. The fourth shows where the new pump interferes with my clutch/PTO engagement lever. To make it fit I would have to modify the inlet or relocate the engine about 5/8 inch forward, causing a boat load more problems I am sure. I will need to sell this old pump and get a later style.
SO the battle continues. The pump is for sure toast.

The is also a link to some more pics. I did not want to litter this whole page with a lot of big pics.
Terry

http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq54 ... ic%20pump/

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have been able to swap the fittings on some of these pumps. Measure carefully to be sure they are the same tube size. Pull both out, start with the bad pump just to be safe. Then install after cleaning meticulously and coating with red loctite.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
After looking at the pic again I see what you mean. I don't think the age is necessarily the reason for the problem. The pump is probably a non-OEM replacement. And, likely has a larger displacement than the original.

I have a couple of used pumps if you want to go that way, drop me a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.