Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://saskatoon.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLarg ... =278634174

Case Garden Tractor with attachements

Date Listed 28-Apr-11
Price $1,250.00
Address Hafford, SK S0J, Canada

446 Case with 18 hp twin Onen engine hydrostat mower, tiller and snowblower.

I would be thinking that this deal is still available, seeing as how there is no contact info in the listing. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Bart said:
Stewart should be all over that one.
Wow! That's a nice package at a nice price if the engine checks out. :canada: :usa: If the Canadian prices are inflated in general it makes it even more attractive. Looks to be getting use but well cared for. Stewart are you on your way? :thumbsup:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't explain it.. but then again.... I can't explain why some owners think that stack exhaust systems look cool. :sidelaugh:

When I first saw the photo, I thought that he just hooked the hood on the right side muffler to hold the hood open because the blower was preventing him from opening the hood all the way. But on closer inspection, it appears that the other side of the hood is still outside of the left stack.

Maybe he put the stacks on, found out he couldn't close the hood and decided to sell the tractor. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
It sure looks like the hood is not attatched at the hinge point in the front. The stacks look like they go straight up from the exhaust manifold holes. That sure wouldn't leave room to shut the hood.

What is the item I see under the tractor, below the foot rests and console, that is extending towards the front from the rear of the tractor. The shape looks similar to sqaure tubing with a u-joint on the end?

Nevertheless, I wish it was near me.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is offering a tiller with the package. I see no sign of a 3 pt. hitch so presumably there is a sleeve hitch. I think that the "square tubing" is actually flat bar and it's the sleeve hitch lift link.

I agree with you that the stacks appear to rise vertically from the exhaust ports on the block. I also agree that it isn't possible to install the hood with stacks that do not have bends in the exhaust pipes that will move the stacks out from under the hood. Isn't the corner of the hood on the left side hiding behind the other stack? I don't see how it would be possible to fit that hood between those stacks but you have to ask yourself what that guy was thinking when he did this.............if we are right.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Yep, I agree, there is no way that hood would close with those kick-ass stacks on that tractor :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: ............. PS Don't kill me guys when you see my dad's finished product T-446................ he wants stacks.....I am just the builder, not the owner :sidelaugh:

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
I see a little cut in the side of the hood. I think he slides it on and then puts the pin in. I think he just propped it up to show off the engine and also show that the hood comes with the GT.
I am going to buck the establishment and say I like the stacks!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Peace mon
But they should have rain caps too........ :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes....... it must have been a physic that bought it. He closed his eyes as he ran his fingertips over the computer screen that displayed the ad while uttering HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

There was no contact info in the ad so maybe he sold it locally to someone passing by . :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Hydriv said:
Yes....... it must have been a physic that bought it. He closed his eyes as he ran his fingertips over the computer screen that displayed the ad while uttering HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

There was no contact info in the ad so maybe he sold it locally to someone passing by . :sidelaugh:
Better get new glasses--I saw a phone number.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bart said:
Hydriv said:

Better get new glasses--I saw a phone number.
I do need new glasses because I just broke the arm of the right side of my Princess Auto specials.

If you check the start of the thread, you will see that I copied the ENTIRE original listing and pasted it into my post or someone's post. No phone number was shown. Now I would never call you a liar Bart, so if you say that you saw a phone number, I believe you. However, I would add that the Seller edited his ad after I saw it to include the phone number.

That's why I said that it was probably still available. Someone was probably clicking on that ad regularly after deleting their cookies so that the amended ad would tell them how to make contact. Good for them.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sorry Bart No pictures this time.

I'm a Low Pro Guy. :thumbsup:

The package appeared to be a project for someone. It's 4 Hrs one way from me so it wasn't worth the time to go and look at it. I dislike the 400's and detest Stacks. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

As for the missing phone #, in Sask we would phone the town office and ask who has the Case GT for sale. :thumbsup: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
568 Posts
kjkansasdan said:
Could someone explain the operation of the hood? Looks to me like it won't close.
Same way farmers have got their tractors through low barn doors for years, the mufflers slip-fit over the stubs rather than clamping them on. You pull the stacks straight up off the stubs to open the hood.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
John,

I agree that will work providing you either have holes in the hood or the engine exhaust ports are well outside the width of the hood. The photo indicates that the stacks are dead vertical from the exhaust ports unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hydriv said:
John,

I agree that will work providing you either have holes in the hood or the engine exhaust ports are well outside the width of the hood. The photo indicates that the stacks are dead vertical from the exhaust ports unless I'm missing something.
Tom, I'm assuming there are holes in the hood, but the angle of the photo doesn't allow me to see for sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.