Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I worked my butt off this last weekend and got my sleeve hitch and rear PTO hooked up and now I getting ready to hook up the tiller and start tilling if it ever stops raining. I had to make a new bolt plate and lever for the hitch which seems fairly easy but that's another story...

Only thing left to do is to put some weight on the front end, so how much do I need?

I have four 25 lb weights that came with a blade I got back in February and what I'm thinking about doing it make a weight bracket with a spare mule I have. Is 100 lbs of weight on the front enough or is it too much?

·
Registered
131 Posts
eBoyDog said:
ArticIngerCase said:
I use 4 suitcase weights and it works fine.
How does your 3016 handle tilling without chains or R1/AG's on the back or were you just "playing"?
It's a 4016, and it works excellent. I've only used turfs on it and have had it and the rototiller since new in 1993. I'm sure Ag's would be better, but it's very usable with turf's and wheel weights.

I even use a single bottom plow with turfs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.