Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a few pictures of my 446. I bought this last year as a work horse machine so that I wouldnt ruin my newly refurbished 224. Well, this tractor has given me a lot of grief since buying it. The latest is the wiring on the engine. The previous owner repowered the tractor with an Onan engine from a Wheel Horse. I started having issues with the tractor after working it for at least 4 hours at a time and most of the issues are focused around sloppy wiring. Please members, take a little time and wire up your tractor the correct way. Dont just settle for some 18AWG wire and use the whole roll in one color to wire the tractor. It will come back to haunt you in the future. Case in point, my pics below.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I third that comment, I should have taken before and after photos of mine as well. I will caution though, if you go with a new wiring harness make sure you get the correct one, or if not that you know what the extra wires do not connect too. I still have a couple of wires that I am not sure where to (if anywhere) connect them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
CASE 220/4 said:
Im at the point where I just need to pull the wiring mess out and start all over again from scratch.
:thumbsup: Do it. I did it with mine and it was a lot easier, and nicer once it was completed. You did your 224, right? So it's not that big a deal for you to replace it all and bundle it up afterwards. Since it's going to be a worker you'll be able to add capabilities for your "future improvements" in at the same time.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill.H said:
[quote="CASE 220/4":14vjfouf]Im at the point where I just need to pull the wiring mess out and start all over again from scratch.
:thumbsup: Do it. I did it with mine and it was a lot easier, and nicer once it was completed. You did your 224, right? So it's not that big a deal for you to replace it all and bundle it up afterwards. Since it's going to be a worker you'll be able to add capabilities for your "future improvements" in at the same time.[/quote:14vjfouf]

I made the harness on my 224 from scratch and reused any of the connectors that were still good. I will tackle this project as soon as I buy all the little things that I will need. I may even do a de carbon job on the ol beast too. I just have to find some time before the snow comes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are new wiring harnesses still available for for the Ingersoll 446? Just curious as I need to do some rewiring on my recently purchased 446. Has anyone purchased one recently and are they extremely expensive or am I better off making a harness up from scratch? Harness P/N C-30264 would be the Specific harness for my S/N tractor. Connectors are listed as separate part numbers so I assume the new main harness would not have factory installed connectors? Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greenie727 said:
Are new wiring harnesses still available for for the Ingersoll 446? Just curious as I need to do some rewiring on my recently purchased 446. Has anyone purchased one recently and are they extremely expensive or am I better off making a harness up from scratch? Harness P/N C-30264 would be the Specific harness for my S/N tractor. Connectors are listed as separate part numbers so I assume the new main harness would not have factory installed connectors? Thanks for any info...
Your questions are better answered by Brian. PM the member bhildret. He is a dealer and will be able to answer your questions. If the harness was cheap enough then I would gladly just buy one but I have a feeling that it may get pricey after you are done buying all the needed connectors IF they dont come on a new harness.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Greenie727 said:
I just picked up a new one last week. The 30264 is not available but the next newer model is. Call Brian he has them in stock.
Just check my thread on it.

·
Banned
1,373 Posts
Brad, hey Man, hope you are well. I just wanted to thank you for starting this thread and for the great pictures and detail of your experience. that is one of the things that make this site better than any other. I may be doing something very similar someday on one of my tractors, and the info I get here and other threads here will no doubt make it go smoother. On behalf of myself and anyone else in the membership who agrees, I'd like to offer a sincere "good luck" and advanced gratitude on your project and on getting your worker back to 100%.
You have got some great skills. Respect.

Drew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.