Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1987 Ingersoll 446. Great tractor but I have a problem that I'm not sure how to solve.

The pto clutch are that goes to the clutch in the front of the tractor came undone from the pto lever plate. I can access it by taking off the metal access plate under the steering wheel. The problem is, there is barely room for me to get my hand in there to put it back together. I thought of taking the battery and hydraulic fluid tank out to access it from above, but don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary.

Also, the drawing in the parts manual shows there should be a spring between the rim on the lever shaft and the bushing hub. I don't have any spring so I don't know if it fell off when the rod came undone. The bushing was still there. It doesn't seem to be enough room for a spring there in any case if there is to be a washer and cotter key on the outside of the lever plate. There is barely enough room for the washer. If there is to be a spring, what is its purpose.

Any suggestions on how to put this back together would be greatly appreciated.

Mike G

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's a pretty tight spot to work when it's all put together. I recall having to do something with the PTO switch under there after assembly and needing long handled needle nose pliers. Take a quick look from underneath, but I think your only options are through that access hole or to remove the battery and tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts