Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of the hybrid hydraulic circut Ive designed for the 4 remote outlets on my 446.
The closed center solinoid valve banks are feed threw the lift circut.
The handle on the dash will be the master control handle for all 4 circuts.
Your thumb, and index finger will select which circut will be feed.
The 4 thumb buttons on top are for momentary valve functions.
The 2 index buttons in front are for continuous locked on opperation, Like the blade, 3pt, etc
All 4 outlets will be float capable.

This is a view of handle siting in seat, It replaces the orignal plastic handle, It will have a rubber knob on the end, The large holes are for access to the nuts on the switches

Front view showing holes for index finger switches

Thumb switches loaded

1 index switch installed, the other is back ordered

This is one of the double solenoid valves, Iam doing a mockup to plan the hose route for the 4 remote outlets. The valve will be located under the floor board, Steel lines will be used as much as possable. Hopefully Ill have time this weekend to work on the mount for the control.

kubotakid :usa2:

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the control ready for mounting, And before I wrap up the switch locations I will see how it feels in the swingin mode, I think will change 1 switch position

I think I will add 1 switch 180 deg from index, making another thumb switch.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alan_H said:
Looks interesting!

Being square, how does it feel gripping it
Alan,
Its very comfortable, Your not really griping the square part. The flat planes make it easy to orient your thumb & finger. I was all set to order winch rocker switches used on 4 wheelers. There made to mount on the handle bar. I didnt think I could position enough user friendly options.
I decided to try a rubber knob that was easy to palm, and left fingers free to opperate the switches.
Much like shifting a 13 speed truck, The knob makes all the difference.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Snotrocket said:
That is pretty damn cool. Are the switches controlling the hydraulics electronically somehow?

I'm a total hydraulics rookie....
Snotrocket,
There are 4 remote hydraulic outlets, Also there there are 4 thumb buttons on top of the master control lever, The top buttons are momentary push for on. Depending on which circut you want to use, You push the corasponding button and move the master control lever, then release that button.

The 2 side buttons are lock on buttons. They will be used for repetitive use of a preticular function like mowing, snow plowing, 3pt etc.

I might add a relay to the circut that would cancel a locked on circut while you opperate another, Simply put,.. Say your plowing snow with the belly lift circut locked on. By pressing the white button you would be able to angle the blade without manually canceling the belly lift circut, Then when you let go of the white button the belly lift circut is reactivated. Kinda like power windows nice but not neccessary.

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alan_H said:
Hey, KK, gotten any further on this project?
Alan,
Mentialy yes, Phisicaly no,
Iam Hot On a project for my sisters organic farming opperation,
I might post a pic of the cost effective disc bedder I designed for her. Pretty unique and more adaptable then the high dollor bedders offered that I have found.

Its not a big deal,. And has not been that much of a deterent,. I have also been workin on fixtures to manufacture an aftermarket sleeve hitch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.