Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I swear this must be the most asked question in the entire CCI community. KCKAHL, it took me 10 seconds to find this link on this forum. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with ALL of the content on this site. You will be amazed at how much info is here for the members. The info you are looking for is located in the Tractor FAQs section of the forum.

http://www.manuals.casecoltingersoll.co ... marked.pdf

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
On this site, we have a FAQ's section that deals with common questions such as the one you posed.

Here is a link that will take you to that document.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=618

Just click on the red icon and the PDF will open for you.

After reading it, you are welcome to ask any questions that you feel remain unanswered. Doing it this way, saves a lot of repetitive discussion on the main forum. If your tractor is fairly new to you, then I suggest that you fully investigate the various topics in the FAQ's section. There is much to be learned but having a constant source of reference materials means that you don't have to go searching every time you need answers.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Well KC........ it looks like the ADMIN POSSE has got you surrounded. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

Don't be offended. We are not looking for the nearest tree to lynch you because you asked the question you did. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We just like our new members to fully explore our site so that they can discover just how much help is available WITHOUT even asking a question. You won't find much of that anywhere else. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would the forum consider a "getting started" or possibly a "top 10 list" or a "must read" section for new CCI owners? It may seem like common sense for someone familiar with this forum to go to the FAQ section, but when I first joined - I looked at every other section first (creature of habit), and it took a considerable amount of time to find what I initially needed was already in the FAQ section. With the volume of info on this site it may be helpful to dummy proof the first-best place to start. And it may be even more helpful to have a section dedicated to the proper fundamental essentials of being a virgin CCI owner!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
The must read section of this site is the Operators Manual for your tractor.
It has dang near everything that you need to know about your tractor in one book and they were written in Clear And Simple English.
Maybe placing them in a more prominent/obvious or convenient spot would be the answer.
There is a ton of tech info here on CCI :clap: and I'll bet it can be over overwhelming (it will end up being like gravy and you'll want to sop up every drop) but you'll get the most/best info out of the op manual.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Hi KC: I would recommend making a purchase of the operators manual from one of the dealers. You can find them top right under members. It's nice to have a bound copy and I have one for all three of my GTs. Additionally, please refer to the Technical Library:
viewforum.php?f=24 which contains most of the service, parts, accessories and operators manuals for the these fine tractors. Also see changing oil in the hydraulic system, go to the second page of the FAQs, by clicking page 2 on bottom right. If you are contemplating changing any bad hydraulic lines or fittings, this is the time. The dealers should be able to supply any hydraulic lines you may need. You will find that all that oil adds up to a few bucks $$$.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.