Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Bart,

Do you have any personal knowledge of this hydracutter? I saw the post and sent the seller an email. (This one was a little more aggressive :thumbsup: )

Does anyone live near this unit that might be able to help with pick-up or possibly freight? Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no knowledge about this hydracutter--it was posted on the yahoo group and I just copied it here for you and anyone else who might want to pursue it. Obviously the price is a lot higher than the last one and a bit above average for the ones I've seen but it's not unreasonable if it is a clean unit. I've been through Boonsboro which is just a short distance west of Frederick, MD.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
JSB Case said:
Bart,

Do you have any personal knowledge of this hydracutter? I saw the post and sent the seller an email. (This one was a little more aggressive :thumbsup: )

Does anyone live near this unit that might be able to help with pick-up or possibly freight? Any suggestions are welcome.
JSB: I just did Mapquest on my place down south and its 250 miles to there, actually going across the Chesapeake Bay and farther south.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
352 Posts
Anyone going through Maryland towards New England and want some gas money?

I am open to any shipping suggestions as well. The owner isn't too excited about the idea of palletizing it for freight handling. That might be my only option though. Does anyone have experience with large item freight carriers?

From the specs this thing is 50.5" wide, 80" long and 310lbs.

Any input is appreciated. I would love for this thing to be on Tractorcupid.com with my screen name next to it.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
JSB Case said:
Anyone going through Maryland towards New England and want some gas money?
I am open to any shipping suggestions as well. The owner isn't too excited about the idea of palletizing it for freight handling. That might be my only option though. Does anyone have experience with large item freight carriers?
Any input is appreciated. I would love for this thing to be on Tractorcupid.com with my screen name next to it.
I think if you do freight you want to do a pickup at a terminal to save money and avoid unloading issues. I got the last item shipped from Yellow Truck. I brought my pickup to the terminal and they loaded it in with a forklift (300 lb wood stove). You'll need to see where he has a terminal and where you have a terminal. Not sure about the 80" long though. Yellow truck will give you a quote terminal to terminal. The other option is the guys hauling stuff/cars/tractors around the country. I can't recall the web sites but you can actually get multiple bids with references on shipping an item. :222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JSB Case said:

I have a close friend within about 20 minutes of Boonsboro who might be persuaded to get that hydracutter to a truck terminal or hold it until somebody can pick it up. He might even be able to negotiate the price a bit if he shows up in person. He isn't likely to be traveling in your direction so I don't think he could help with the transport. Let me know if you'd like me to contact him to see what he can do.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Bart said:
I have a close friend within about 20 minutes of Boonsboro who might be persuaded to get that hydracutter to a truck terminal or hold it until somebody can pick it up. He might even be able to negotiate the price a bit if he shows up in person. He isn't likely to be traveling in your direction so I don't think he could help with the transport. Let me know if you'd like me to contact him to see what he can do.
Thanks Bart, I might have to take you up on that. My neighbor has a freight account for his business and he is looking into some quotes for me. I am also waitng to hear back from the seller to see if he is willing to pallet it for me. I already offered to pay his asking price if he would help with the freight prep, so I will wait until I hear back from him before I ask any favors.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the deal, you pickup the loader in Maine for Rich and then he can pickup the hydracutter for you and you two can meet halfway to exchange gifts. :sidelaugh:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Bart said:
Here's the deal, you pickup the loader in Maine for Rich and then he can pickup the hydracutter for you and you two can meet halfway to exchange gifts. :sidelaugh:
Ironically, I just offered the seller a lifted golf cart in trade for the tractor. I thought that would qualify for an interesting trade that he was looking for. Still no word from him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.