Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm purchasing a 446 and the seller didn't understand about the float position for the lift control lever. I could not verify if it was functioning properly with the utility blade mounted. It lifts and lowers the blade as expected. Per the manual, float mode is with the lever "fully forward". Anyone have a picture or video showing what that means?

Pushing harder than reasonable got the lever to almost aim straight ahead at like a 2 o'clock position. How does the lever actually attach to the hydraulic pump? How do I know if the lift is in float mode?

Thank you,
-Dan

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,449 Posts
Dan,

You should not have to push harder than reasonable to put the lift control lever in the float position. I suspect that there is an issue with the detent cover and associated parts on the control valve. Not expensive to correct but a fair amount of work. The attachment lift lever should lift, lower and spring center itself back to the neutral position when released thus locking the blade at whatever position it is in. Since you ultimately want the blade to follow the ground contour (float) when plowing, pushing the lever ahead into the float position allows the cylinder to move both directions as the blade moves up and down as needed.

Bob

·
Registered
356 Posts
I agree with Bob. Sometimes it can be as simple as the cap being unscrewed from the back of the valve body. Awkward place to work though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After taking delivery I played around with it a little bit, and it does go into the float position. Verified by manually picking up the blade. I did feel the lever detent into position, and did not try to push it farther.

I've downloaded the manuals - very helpful, thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts