Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted oil change but I need to change hydraulic oil. Manual says 20W40 but others are recommending Shells Rotella 15W40, since I can't find or they don't make the original weight any more,will shells be ok.
JH

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
reallygone said:
I just posted oil change but I need to change hydraulic oil. Manual says 20W40 but others are recommending Shells Rotella 15W40, since I can't find or they don't make the original weight any more,will shells be ok.
JH
Welcome to the group, reallygone.

One of the things that sets this site apart from the other ones out there is our substantial Technical Library that includes a FAQ's section designed to negate the need for new members to ask the "obvious questions" . In your previous thread, Snotrocket provided you with two links to the FAQ's that are designed to help owners with questions about hydraulic oil and trans-axle oil choices.

Here is the one for the hydraulic oil.

http://www.manuals.casecoltingersoll.co ... marked.pdf

It is to your benefit to spend time in the Library and especially the FAQ section because you will learn more about your tractor there in a few hours than you will by being on other sites for years. :thumbsup:

This is not to say that you cannot ask questions on an issue if there is still something unclear after consulting the FAQ's and/or any manuals.

We also have specific forums for specific topics. Please consult the STICKY at the top of each forum because those will explain what each forum is for.

As an example, your question about hydraulic oil belongs in the general forum because it has nothing to do with Onan engines. By controlling the content of each forum, it makes life easier for those who wish to search a particular forum's archives. Once you reply to my post, I will move your thread to the main forum.

No need to apologize.. Each forum has their own format and it takes a bit of time to acquaint oneself. :trink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.