Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'78 222. I was out spreading some gravel a few weeks ago with the plow on the front of my 222. I was dropping it down far enough just to take the weight of the tractor off of the front wheels. I could drive around and it would hold that position without any problem. Unfortunately I hit a big rock in the ground and the blade caught, lifting the tractor up in the air pretty high, likely over-stroking the cylinder. After that, the hydraulics wouldn't hold. I'd drive the blade to the ground and it would lift the tractor, but as soon as i let go of the lever the hydraulics bled off and the tractor dropped back to the ground. If I hold the lever, the hydraulics will hold the blade down. Did possibly over-stroking the cylinder blow a seal or even ruin the cylinder? Or could it be something else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there is no external leaks you probably just blew the piston seal. No biggie and a cheap fix too. Plus you will have a like new cylinder when your done!
Thanks! I've never done one so I wasn't sure how hard or involved it would be. I'll be buying new trip springs or some type of chain to keep it from stroking so far again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.