Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 F-250 Super Duty 6.7 L Diesel
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like I read a post about the hydrostat lever on a 446 that wouldn't hold it's postion but can't find it again. Mine is doing the same thing. I have to hold it in the forward postition or it drops back to the first or second notch. Is there an easy fix or do I need to take it apart and replace the detent springs? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 67halfcab, I dont think so but I will check when I get home in a couple of days and let you know.

·
Administrator
6,499 Posts
What year is your 446? Typically this would seem to be a problem with the neutral start switch on earlier model 446's, or it could be wear at the bottom of your control lever, spring or washers. I've also found control levers themselves to be a problem at times. The pin that sits under the neutral start switch, progressively wears flat, which causes the thing to not properly fit into the notches. Most of this work required for this,, is a pain to get at.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lionel, its a 1980 446. I looked on the hydro where the shaft foes in and thought there might be spring loaded detent to keep it in place. I go home tomorrow from work I will take a look.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still have not had a chance to to dig into mine to see what is wrong with it. My days off were spent moving, moving and more moving. It’s amazing what one can accumulate over the years. Ugh. Going back to work today. Hopefully when I get home in 2 weeks I can spend some time on it and get it fixed. I’ll keep it updated.

Reactions: Lionel
1 - 8 of 8 Posts