Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the front blade stopped lifting as high and then not at all. I knew something must have broke. :headscratcher: :facepalm:
I broke the bracket clean off that's welded to the frame rails that the lift cylinder mounts to on my 226. Looks like I got a welding job ahead of me. :facepalm:

I have been so hard on this thing, not abusively, but it's been worked really hard. I'm surprised it lasted this long.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

I know it's not Funny for you Mike but whenever I see your Bad-Ass 226 weighted up I think that something will have to give up sooner or later.

Good luck on your repair and keep us informed on how it goes.

At least you have a few back-up's to do the work when the Low Pro need attention. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stewart said:
:sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

I know it's not Funny for you Mike but whenever I see your Bad-Ass 226 weighted up I think that something will have to give up sooner or later.

Good luck on your repair and keep us informed on how it goes.

At least you have a few back-up's to do the work when the Low Pro need attention. :thumbsup:
My thoughts too. :wink:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hydriv said:
You know what they say about a chain, Mike.. It's always the weakest link that fails first.
Yepper. I realized I had a bolt through the trip-stop hole on the blade so the trip springs were not in use. :facepalm: Hit something froze hard and somethings gotta give. :wink:

·
Banned
189 Posts
:thumbdown:
Mjoe7 said:
When the front blade stopped lifting as high and then not at all. I knew something must have broke. :headscratcher: :facepalm:
I broke the bracket clean off that's welded to the frame rails that the lift cylinder mounts to on my 226. Looks like I got a welding job ahead of me. :facepalm:

I have been so hard on this thing, not abusively, but it's been worked really hard. I'm surprised it lasted this long.
Mjoe7,
My tractor is down rite now too. The clock reads 2498.8 hrs and a few things are gettin thin

The PTO decided 2500 hrs waz pushin its happy tyme. :cry: The axle pivot waz gettin sassy, :crazy:
The steering shaft bushing aint bushin no more, :lolno: And the belly cylinder is threatining to leave town. :rockon:
I guess even a CASE wont last forever :shhh:

Kubotakid :usa2:

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kubotakid said:
:thumbdown:
Mjoe7 said:

Mjoe7,
My tractor is down rite now too. The clock reads 2498.8 hrs and a few things are gettin thin

The PTO decided 2500 hrs waz pushin its happy tyme. :cry: The axle pivot waz gettin sassy, :crazy:
The steering shaft bushing aint bushin no more, :lolno: And the belly cylinder is threatining to leave town. :rockon:
I guess even a CASE wont last forever :shhh:

Kubotakid :usa2:
What you did to your axle pivot is the same as what I did to my 446. I didn't do the grease zerk thing though. Nice idea. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.