Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/2611219453.html

I just purchased this 1986 Ingersoll 446 tractor (PIN 14096505) with a N46 mower deck, J70-77 Roto-tiller, L17 hydraulic rear PTO, J26 Three point hitch, B98-B vacuum Bagger, and a tow behind 4 foot York rake Model TA1. The seller was asking $1800 with everything but the york rake. The B43M Onan runs good with no blue smoke or blow by. The mid lift cylinder is missing and the charging system in not operating. The 3 point hitch and roto tiller work great. The vacuum bagger is complete except for the tractor rear mount attachment plate. Front attachment drive may need some work or adjustment. Rear wheels look like replacements with Michlin LT tires? Tractor operates smoothly except the steering segment gear with drag link is very loose and needs attention or new parts. Wiring will need some work as seller messed with ignition switch, light switch, and drilled dash for separate push button start switch. I was able to obtain all the above for $1600 with the York rake included. Please feel free and advise me if the price was fair. I was checking this site for a parts manual for this PIN tractor and one was not available. I may purchase manual 8-2753 on ebay and mail it out for copy and posting on this site. The manual will be good for illustrations but will the parts be available if I go to a dealer with the part number provided in the manual? I intend to fix some items over the winter, use the tractor for now and possibly tear down and restore later. Thanks for any comments and advice and I'm sure I'll be back for more from this great site....Ed

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Ed: Congratulations on the tractor! I think you did very well! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That's a nice package you got for the price. The rewiring is not bad at all with these. Recommend that you buy a genuine Ingersoll ignition switch from one of the dealers on the site. The dealers here are highly recommended and will also be able to identify what you may need base on SN.

http://www.manuals.casecoltingersoll.co ... 0.docx.pdf

I have the same tractor as you but re-powered with 18 HP Linamar. And welcome to the forum!
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Greenie727 said:
http://nh.craigslist.org/grd/2611219453.html

I just purchased this 1986 Ingersoll 446 tractor (PIN 14096505) with a N46 mower deck,

J70-77 Roto-tiller, $400.00

L17 hydraulic rear PTO, $150.00

J26 Three point hitch, $400.00

B98-B vacuum Bagger $500.00

and a tow behind 4 foot York rake Model TA1. $200.00

I see $1650.00 without including the tractor and deck.

The seller was asking $1800 with everything but the york rake. The B43M Onan runs good with no blue smoke or blow by. The mid lift cylinder is missing and the charging system in not operating.

Mid-lift cylinders are available on e-Bay pretty much all the time. We can help you figure out why the charging system is not functioning.

The 3 point hitch and roto tiller work great. The vacuum bagger is complete except for the tractor rear mount attachment plate.

Every now and then, that plate also appears on e-Bay but.......wouldn't you be better off to convert your bagger to three-point hitch style and then install a selector valve on the tractor so you can keep the hitch in the air at all times while using the deck?

Front attachment drive may need some work or adjustment. We have manuals in the Tech Library for the PTO clutch.

Rear wheels look like replacements with Michlin LT tires? That would be weird since the OEM rear tires don't wear out.

Tractor operates smoothly except the steering segment gear with drag link is very loose and needs attention or new parts.

Instructions on how to adjust the steering can be found in the Operator's Manual and we have many of those in the Tech Library.

Wiring will need some work as seller messed with ignition switch, light switch, and drilled dash for separate push button start switch. Once again, the Operator's Manual is your best friend because it has a colour-coded wiring diagram. Stick with OEM products for the electrical system. Dealers can be found in the FAQ's section of the Library.

I was able to obtain all the above for $1600 with the York rake included. Please feel free and advise me if the price was fair. I was checking this site for a parts manual for this PIN tractor and one was not available. I may purchase manual 8-2753 on ebay and mail it out for copy and posting on this site. Manuals on e-Bay are often overpriced. Contact one of our trusted dealers for that book.

The manual will be good for illustrations but will the parts be available if I go to a dealer with the part number provided in the manual? Almost all parts are available. When ordering parts, you can supply the dealer with the part number shown in the manual. If the part number has been changed up to a new number, the dealer will figure that out. Just be sure to provide the model number and serial number for your tractor at all times.

I intend to fix some items over the winter, use the tractor for now and possibly tear down and restore later. Thanks for any comments and advice and I'm sure I'll be back for more from this great site....Ed

·
Administrator
3,284 Posts
I have a paper copy of Ingersoll manual 8-2753 that I will attempt to scan today. I now have a new Dell 620/Windows 7, but as expected, I need to get smarter, a process which as I get older becomes more difficult for some reason, just don't know why!!!!!! HaHa!!!!! :crazy:
Mad Mackie in Taxonnecticut :mrgreen: :mowlawn:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to everyone on this site for all the informative help and information. I've already found and downloaded extensive maintenance and technical information from the tech library. Very interesting that a member has a 446 tractor manufactured four PIN's from the one I just purchased!!!! Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.