Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this while browsing the Vanguard 4016 parts manual. See item #11 in the illustration then notice there is no item #11 in the index. I have had my Vanguard out of the tractor and the pump drive disassembled and my tractor does not have this part.

Gesture Font Handwriting Circle Art
Font Number Parallel Document

It appears to be either an adapter or a spacer of some sort. It almost looks like it would fit the new Vanguards to allow the pump drive to clear the fan retaining plate as shown below. Anyone have any ideas or part numbers?

Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle Rim Auto part

·
Administrator
3,236 Posts
Spacer, B&S P/N 690860 is used on older B&S engines when installing the adaptor pilot, P/N C33505 would not allow the pump drive adaptor to mate up flush to the flywheel. There may or may not be one on your 16 Vanguard. The spacer doesn't help on new Vanguards as the height of the plastic fan is too high plus the added height of the blower housing.:cool:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs Vehicle brake Tire
Gas Curtain Metal Rectangle Composite material
Bicycle part Gas Auto part Nickel Composite material
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle brake Locking hubs

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spacer, B&S P/N 690860 is used on older B&S engines when installing the adaptor pilot, P/N C33505 would not allow the pump drive adaptor to mate up flush to the flywheel. There may or may not be one on your 16 Vanguard. The spacer doesn't help on new Vanguards as the height of the plastic fan is too high plus the added height of the blower housing.:cool:
Bob, without a doubt you are the man!

Back to the drawing board I go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts