Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been without a tractor for a few months but today I bought a 222. It is a later model Ingersoll with a decent 38" snowblower, weights, chains and deck. It smokes bad so it will need a rebuild before going to work but I will be able to drive it on the truck and hopefully check out the hydraulics before taking it apart. I didn't bring it home because it was pouring at the dealer that had it and I haven't quite figured out how to explain to Mrs. Nutcase why we need a tractor when our new yard can be mowed in 5 minutes with a push mower. The dealer had a 116 that also smokes. I don't know how expensive those twins are to rebuild. It has a decent blower and deck. I didn't ask the price but can find out if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I had a XC116 with a mower. Key word, HAD. That 16hp briggs isn't bad to work on, Simplicity and a few others used it too. The 2 big problems with them was the transmission couldn't take the power of the 16hp and the front axle couldn't take the weight. Mine had 2 gears in the trans that worked when I got rid of it. It was so light you couldn't do much of anything but mow with it. Very front heavy. Comparing it to your old 446 is like comparing a Geo to a Mack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.