Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
Re: Im trying to become a ingersoll parts dealer in virginia

Andy, welcome to the site, we're glad you joined! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Look forward to seeing some pictures of your tractors. Please feel at home on the site, we have a great membership here. Be sure to check out the History on the front page, the Technical Library and Tractor FAQs on the board index. Up top are FAQs on how to use the many features of the site. Look forward to talking on site.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Re: Im trying to become a ingersoll parts dealer in virginia

andrewdesollar said:
worng email it is [email protected]
im waiting on eastmind and stens i had to get my property rezoned and get my tax id Number a lot of time but there is now where around here to get parts
Welcome to the forum Andrew.

I'm going to tell you something that you won't hear anywhere else.

According to Eastman's Dealer Locater, there are EIGHTEEN Ingersoll franchises in the state of Illinois. Presumably, all of them are "full line" dealers that have commercial storefronts and all of the operating costs that go with running a business. If I was one of those dealers and I found out that Eastman handed out a PARTS ONLY franchise to you, then I would tell Eastman that I'm no longer interested in being one of their dealers. And I would contact all of the other franchisee's and do whatever I could to convince them to pressure Eastman to cancel your franchise unless you became a full line dealer.

The point is this. Why should those dealers sit back and allow you to undermine their parts business because you are operating out of your house and don't want all the costs associated with being a full line dealer? I'm all for entrepreneurship but it sounds to me like you are "cherry picking" here. If I've got it wrong, then please say so. This site has two, legitimate, full line dealers that service our membership very well and both of them deserve the full support of the group.

EDIT:

There is no intention here to make you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. However, you have come on this site to ANNOUNCE your intention of opening a business. Essentially, that isn't what this forum is all about but we try to be fairly liberal. As a Case collector, this is the forum you should want to belong to because we have far more to offer than any other site on the internet. So please don't go scurrying off as a result of my post. You have taken a stand here with your aspirations to sell parts. Be prepared to defend that position is all I'm saying. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.