Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a B & P series Onan, both draw carb intake air from the blower housing. In the case of the B this air has been heated by 1. the surrounding heat soaked sheet metal. 2. the exhaust system. 3. the heat exchanger. The P encounters #`s 1 & 3. We all know that I.C.E. `s run better on cool / dense air. So.. why draw in hot air to feed the intake ? Carb icing while powering the snowcaster while flying @ altitude ? Kohler powered units draw in cool air from the side of the tractor. I read the MTF J-D forum to keep up on the latest cup holder & cosmetic technology and notice there is a cold weather mod ( CARB BRA) to prevent this problem.
( sorry, mowing today and my mind ( so to speak) tends to wander. :wave: :thumbup: :grin:

·
Registered
703 Posts
:goodpost:
Good point. I have wondered why the B48 sucks in blast furnace air from the engine cabin, although the set up is real handy in the winter. Even though my carb set-up is marginally on the rich side, the old Onan really puts out the heat. My 20 h.p. Onan generator set puts out a lot of heat as well even though I have set up to take in outside air.
Troll

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.