Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone more informed than I tell me if this tractor seems like a good machine. I have some apprehension on how well the hood looks compared to the frame and instrument panel. I feel like it was possibly pieced together.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Maybe the hood was changed or repainted.

I would be more concerned with mechanical condition than cosmetic. Does it run? If so does it burn oil? Does it drive smooth without jerking? Is the front end tight? Are there oil leaks? Are there service records? How long has the current owner had it? Does the deck operate quietly. Any other attachments? Price and location make a difference as well.

Feed us more information and I think you will get some opinions.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks to be a mid to late 80s (85-88) which would mean the Hood is correct, looks to me to be repainted with new decals, fenders repainted too. seat is not original, but not a show stopper, it’s in good shape. I’m with coby, all good questions to ask and I’d be more concerned with the mechanical aspects. if you haven’t seen it in person and it’s close GO SEE IT. In person you can learn more than from pics. What’s the asking price?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s a 1985, all original. Hood and fenders repainted with new decals on hood.
One brand new front tire, other is only a few years old. All 4 hold air.
Seat is not original but also not ripped, in good shape.
Travel control valve is smooth from stop to start, no jerking and Deck lift works great.
No oil leaks
New fuel line with new filter.
Deck has newer bearings and belt, maybe 2 seasons on them. Deck is very solid and in good shape.
Was converted to push button start by previous owner. It works so we left it. It starts and runs well. A little smoke at startup but clears up pretty quick.
I’m sure there are other new parts I forgot about.

Everything works as it should.

seller is asking $750

1 - 4 of 4 Posts