Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
The soil here is pretty soft. It doesn't take long to dig a 16" post hole down about three feet. If you find a rock in the soil it was put there by someone. Like an old building foundation. In one area of my property you find yellow sand about 6'-8' down. Makes me think that the valley near by was a lake several million years ago. I was told that the deep top soil in this area was blown in by a wind storm millions of years ago. That must have been a pretty intense storm to blow that much dirt.
Its called Loess. It has surprising strength, undisturbed. Once disturbed from its original formation though, not so much. That explains the fragility you mention. Bet it heals quickly though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
its called locus clay in my neighbor hood, Iam happy it holds a seed pretty good, and the fact that we don't have much of it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The soil here is pretty soft. It doesn't take long to dig a 16" post hole down about three feet. If you find a rock in the soil it was put there by someone. Like an old building foundation. In one area of my property you find yellow sand about 6'-8' down. Makes me think that the valley near by was a lake several million years ago. I was told that the deep top soil in this area was blown in by a wind storm millions of years ago. That must have been a pretty intense storm to blow that much dirt.
deserrt storm had nothing o do with it, But a storm of all madams had everything to do with it. It was a nightmear from hell.
it still rears its ugly head from tyme to tyme.. in the south west..

·
Registered
15 Posts
The long handle allows the operator to angle the sweeper left / right or straight on. Berco makes a few models of sweepers and this model is designed for certain horizontal shaft garden tractors, Ingersoll being one of them. The mule / lift bracket is specific to Ingersoll 3000/4000 series. Looks similar to a snowblower mule bracket but with slots to slide the various Berco attachments into it. The same bracket works with the Berco 2-stage snowblower.
Am i understanding you correctly 4223ps in that Bercomac has a sweeper that will mount directly to 3000/4000 series Ingersolls?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Based on that I suppose they'd be pretty hard to find then? Any idea on a sweeper brand or model that would be suitable for my 4018?
keep an eye out they do come up for sale. I just bought my Berco rotary broom model 700316-4 which came with a Deere w/700370 subframe and the correct 700287 adapter for my Ingersoll. Paid $700. Plus it came with the 700451 side wheel kit. I already have the Berco snowblower so my muledrive hooked right up. I don’t know how many hours use it had but it couldn’t have been many. Bristles show little to no wear and paint is still in perfect condition. Heading out to try it on dethatch duty tomorrow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
keep an eye out they do come up for sale. I just bought my Berco rotary broom model 700316-4 which came with a Deere w/700370 subframe and the correct 700287 adapter for my Ingersoll. Paid $700. Plus it came with the 700451 side wheel kit. I already have the Berco snowblower so my muledrive hooked right up. I don’t know how many hours use it had but it couldn’t have been many. Bristles show little to no wear and paint is still in perfect condition. Heading out to try it on dethatch duty tomorrow.
That's very helpful information - Thank you very much!

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
The mule is the problem as far as putting a Berco sweeper or blower on a CCI. 8 or 10 years ago (several computers ago), I had contacted Berco and they sent me a PDF for the mule for the 3 digit case tractors. The pdf was detailed enough to build the mule. You could try contacting them for a PDF for the 4 digit mule.

Cheers,
Gordy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't have a Deere - Have a '97 4018. Don't mind fabricating whatever to make a belt drive sweeper work on it...I have a line on a Bercomac sweeper. Just trying to get it's model #

21 - 33 of 33 Posts