Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
I would ask Brian Hildreth that question since he should have access to what the last MSRP was for that model.

That aside, I think that $8500.00 is not out of line but I also think that he will struggle to find buyers for it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Josh,
I have a 1991 Ingersoll 6018. It’s the only Colt/Case/Ingersoll in my inventory so I spend a good deal of my allotted tractor time searching for loader info.
Pricing on the loaders can vary quite a bit. Like everything else, there is an objective value based on your needs, loader capability, condition, and location. Then there is a subjective valuation that exists only in the eyes of the prospective purchaser.

A Case/Ingersoll Compact Wheel Loader is the “Mighty Mouse” of loaders. The 6018 weighs in at about 1500 lb and the specs show breakout at around 1350 lb, and you can put 750 lb. in the air.

I picked up mine in 2009 (135 hrs) and it came with a 3pt finish mower, splitter, and tiller ($3600 for the package). Last year, a 6018 with over 100 hours was listed at $2500 (lowest price I have seen). I have watched Craigslist ads listing low hour units for $5000+. These ads don’t last too long, so I assume buyers are out there at this price point.

If you are looking for a working machine and are patient, you can get more bang for the buck, especially if you include Case 644,646, 648 models. In the past few weeks you had a selection of 6018 Loader/backhoes out there for less money. There was a 2004 year model 7020 Loader/Backhoe (4wd) with 400+ hours for $8500.

Here is how it breaks down for me-

The unit on eBay is a 1999 year model and, with 10 hours on the meter, is as close to “new” as you are likely to find. However, like Tom, I doubt he will get his asking price.

If the hours check out, I can see this unit selling for $6500-$7500. It has 2 sets of wheel weights ($200 a pair delivered to your door from eBay). That puts the tractor at $6100-$7100. Obviously, transportation/shipping has to be factored into the equation.

If you are willing to pay a premium for bright paint and new tractor smell (don’t forget the arm rests) then it might creep a little higher. Then again, if a buyer comes along who is Power Red Loader Blind – I want it…I need it…I gotta have it or I’ll DIE!, then all bets are off.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I picked up two 7020 loaders with 1/2 hr on the clocks for $5,500 each but I had to go to NY to pick them up. As you know, the 7020s are 4wd--a big advantage in my opinion--that should make them worth at least an extra $1,000. I also have a 6018 that I use primarily for a backhoe and pallet forks. If I really had a good use for the 6018 I might go as high as $6,000 for the one in question but you can get the same functionality for less than 1/2 that price. If you're looking for something to dig and move dirt around I'd jump on one of the 7020s that pop up and pay whatever the premium might be. Yesterday I was spreading some dirt around with the 7020 which has 300 lbs of wheel weights and my new 350 lb York rake on the 3 pt yet the rear tires would spin easily with a load in the bucket unless the 4wd was engaged. If you're primarily going to be operating on hard dry level ground the 6018 will do pretty well but I am usually operating on turf with hills.

Another option is a 6018 LBH which can usually be had for less than the 6018 loader though they are rarer. With the 1800 lb backhoe on back that helps with traction a lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.