Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching Craigslist for Ingersoll loaders and ran across this item. It was new to me, and I can't find any references on the Case/Ingersoll forums. Here is the ad:

DIG-IT T188 LOADER/BACKHOE,HYDRO,20HP HONDA ENG. NICE - $6500 (EAST HAVEN,CT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-09-12, 9:10PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE IS A VERY NICE DIG-IT MODEL T188 LOADER/BACKHOE. HYDROSTATIC, HI/LO RANGE,POWER STEERING, BEEN UPDATED WITH A 20HP HONDA ENGINE (BETTER THAN ORIGINAL ONAN 18HP) DIG'S UP TO OVER 8' DEEP. BIG WIDE TRACTION REAR TIRES. THIS IS THE SAME AS THE INGERSOLL 6018 AND CASE 448. THEY WERE ALL MADE BY SAME COMPANY. I HAVE USED THIS AND IT IS POWERFULL. CAN BE SEEN ANYTIME, CALL 203 467-4197 FRANK

?Location: EAST HAVEN,CT
?it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

*********************************************************************************
My comments:

Dig-It is known for manufacturing several models of towable backhoes.

This is a Dig-It model 188T
Looks like Ingersoll provided the 6018 backhoe tractor (without the backhoe but with the backhoe sub-frame) and Dig-It used their backhoe. The unit is painted white and decaled 188T.

I searched around and found this YouTube video of an 188T from McGrew.

eBay has a couple brochures for the 188T model.

I don't know when these units were built. However, I ran across a reference where a poster said his Dig-It 188T was a 1991 Ingersoll 6018. 6018's went into production in 1989 and around 1994, Ingersoll started shipping units with 3 holes predrilled on the side post supports (for a ROPS). A close look at the 188T photos shows that there are no holes.

So, when you are searching for Ingersoll loaders or backhoes, include the Dig-It 188T.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
This is very interesting. I note in the photos that it appears they have the same kind of counterweight as my 6018 and I presume a substantial sub frame. The hoe does not look as robust as the Davis but this machine could be a nice deal for someone in Golden Cove.

·
Administrator
8,013 Posts
:goodpost: Wow ING6018 that is some find and nice research! :usa: :usa: :usa: Never heard of this sourcing by Ingersoll. Interesting to see the tractor in white too. Second that motion on this being a nice choice for Golden Cove! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Note the repower by the 20 HP Honda. Those yellow seats are everywhere! :crazy:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.