Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 Ingersoll with a RM48" deck that needs repair. There is a new RM38" deck for sale for $575.
I can't find where a 38 will fit on my 3016 tractor. Would anyone know if it's a easy fit? Thanks

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
raynitsche said:
I have a 1991 Ingersoll with a RM48" deck that needs repair. There is a new RM38" deck for sale for $575.
$600 would seem far more than sufficient to rebuild your current deck assuming that the shell is not rotted extensively. $200 - $300 is usually enough including sandblast & paint. Bhildret has the parts. TSC has the paint ( A/C orange)
JMO-YMMV

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
raynitsche said:
I can't find where a 38 will fit on my 3016 tractor. Would anyone know if it's a easy fit? Thanks
These decks are designed to be easily repaired and brought back to like new operating condition so the chances are that less than $100 in parts will get you back in business. As mentioned, the smaller deck would only be attractive if you have a very small area to mow or find the 48" too large to navigate around obstacles. If you tell us why you believe your deck needs repair we can probably be more specific about alternatives that will be a lot less expensive than the new deck.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
raynitsche said:
How bad is the deck? Is it rotted or does it just need a new paint job and new bearings? I just refurbished my deck and I put about $100 into it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CASE 220/4 said:
raynitsche said:
How bad is the deck? Is it rotted or does it just need a new paint job and new bearings? I just refurbished my deck and I put about $100 into it.
Not all that bad. I saw the new 38" and thought it would be a better way to go. I have a ton of trees that I keep bouncing off.
I'm not use to the speed control on the dash. I had a 1985 Bolens with the foot pedal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
99flhr said:
raynitsche said:
$600 would seem far more than sufficient to rebuild your current deck assuming that the shell is not rotted extensively. $200 - $300 is usually enough including sandblast & paint. Bhildret has the parts. TSC has the paint ( A/C orange)
JMO-YMMV
Thanks, I'll try doing the repairs. What is Bhildret? They have a web site? I pretty much live at TSC

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CASE 220/4 said:
raynitsche said:
Pretty good shape for 20 years old.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bart said:
raynitsche said:
These decks are designed to be easily repaired and brought back to like new operating condition so the chances are that less than $100 in parts will get you back in business. As mentioned, the smaller deck would only be attractive if you have a very small area to mow or find the 48" too large to navigate around obstacles. If you tell us why you believe your deck needs repair we can probably be more specific about alternatives that will be a lot less expensive than the new deck.
One of the rear support lifts broke free from the deck and took a section with it. Few rust holes are popping through and a section of the rear
cutting section ( half round section where the blades turn ) broke free. I like the 4" but I bounce off a few trees when I' not thinking>

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
raynitsche said:
Thanks for all your help. Great to have a site like this. Never heard of an Ingersoll until I found this one. Great machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.