Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 6018 Ingersoll. Great tractor. I need to find a mowing deck for it as my John Deere's tranny is dying. Does anyone have one for sale? I also need chains. has anyone used the bucket for snow removal? We get a lot of snow here in Central Mass.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Paul Della Valle said:
I have a 6018 Ingersoll. Great tractor. I need to find a mowing deck for it as my John Deere's tranny is dying. Does anyone have one for sale? I also need chains. has anyone used the bucket for snow removal? We get a lot of snow here in Central Mass.
Paul: Welcome to the group, we're glad you joined!!! :usa: :usa: :usa: Your actually in the Introductions, no harm but you probably want to post the tractor questions in: http://www.casecoltingersoll.com/forum/ ... um.php?f=7 Please feel at home here and be sure to check out the comprehensive Technical Library.
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

·
Registered
579 Posts
Paul,
Welcome to the group.
Regarding the mowing deck. I have a 6018. Your tractor does not have a mechanical PTO (pulley). Any deck you add will have a hydraulic motor.

There are three options for adding a mower.

Option 1
There was a 48" belly mowing deck made for the 6018/6020 loaders. Features:
1) Expensive -$800+
2) Rare - I have only seen a couple pop up for sale in the last couple years
3) OEM motors are becoming obsolete and parts NLA. A replacement motor kit will run over $750.
4) I don't know what other parts you need (deck hangers, lift cylinders, hoses, etc.) but you are looking at a sizable investment.

Option 2
HRM48H 48" tow behind (3 point hitch)
1) Nice (I have one) Come up for sale more often than belly mower
2) Price $500+
3) Awkward to use and more suitable for large open areas.

Option 3
For what it will cost to add the mower to the loader, you can have a whole tractor. Look around and find a good Case/Ingersoll 2xx/3xxx or 4xx/4xxx tractor for mowing duty. This solution really multiplies your options (mowing, blade for dirt or snow, snocaster, etc.)
Plus, the transmissions in these tractors almost never cause problems, unlike some other manufacturer's machines.
Just sayin…

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Snow removal sucks. The bucket gets packed with snow and just pushes everything to the sides. It will push a mountain of snow in low range, though. Literally 8' of heavy snow if you have enough traction.

If you want a loader with a deck you will have to buy a 644/6/8. But like ING6018 said it would be a good amount cheaper and you would get a better cut with a dedicated mowing machine

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I agree with the previous comments, the 6018 is way too cumbersome and slow to mow with. You can get a good running Case tractor with mower deck starting at around $500 and you will be much happier.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Paul: The Case 200 ("small wheel") and 400 ("big wheel") series garden tractors are awesome mowing machines that also give you the opportunity to easily switch over to a snow caster or front dirt/snow blade in the winter. I get by with a blade to the south of you on Long Island, NY but I know members in the heavy snow belt areas really like the casters. A used one of these GTs that was decently cared for is a great value for someone maintaining their land IMHO. If you watch the tractor postings on this site you will probably come across something decent in your area. :usa:
:222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.