Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
Eventually got to use my snow blower over the last few days. It's a first for me so a bit of practice required. The majority of the snow is not throwing up into and out of the chute. It appears to be blowing forward on the right hand side of the auger. Am I doing something wrong?
Any help appreciated.

· Banned
2,076 Posts
eddieaoneill said:
I did follow the instructions, but now you have me thinking. The auger is rotating forward, now I'm thinking it should be rotating in reverse??
I just put a belt on today. This looking at from the driver seat. Put the belt on the PTO the right side of the belt goes down in the v-groove idler in the mule drive then the belt goes on the auger drive shaht pully from the bottom up the top flat or back of the belt goes in the wide flat idler on the mule drive hook the tention spring back in the top of the mule drive frame. Your done now go blow some snow. The instructions are also in the snow caster parts list

· Banned
1,351 Posts
Some does go out front.

Look at the auger in the center. Those are the scoops that throw the snow up the chute. The correct rotation of the scoop should be obvious.

We have single stage blowers. The 2 stage blower would not shoot snow out front much if at all.

You do need to run the engine at full speed of 3,600 rpm's to get the snow to go very far.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ssmewing said:
Some does go out front.

Look at the auger in the center. Those are the scoops that throw the snow up the chute. The correct rotation of the scoop should be obvious.

We have single stage blowers. The 2 stage blower would not shoot snow out front much if at all.

You do need to run the engine at full speed of 3,600 rpm's to get the snow to go very far.
This is the blower, looking at the chutes, then I have it right, the auger should rotate forward??

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Could not wait till morning. I had the belt on the wrong way, the auger was in reverse. What a difference, man does that thing blow snow, well pleased.
Thanks for all the help guys :letitsnow: :letitsnow: :letitsnow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts