Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the little plastic lever piece broke off my throttle lever. Are these replaceable? As options I can live with as is, or could weld a V shaped sheetmetal tab on to resemble the plastic one.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yes, the plastic "knobs" on the choke & throttle levers are replaceable. They simply push onto the end of the lever.

There were a few different knob styles used over the years. I believe the "egg shaped" knobs used on the newer models are the only ones currently available through Case/Ingersoll dealers but I think there is (or was) a member here making reproductions of the earlier "flat tab" style knobs.

The only issue with welding a tab onto the lever is that you'd have to cut it back off if you ever needed to remove the lever assembly (it has to fit down through the slot in the dash).

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,387 Posts
Depending on style you require, our vendors should have it, so ask them first.

If not, this gentleman makes all kinds of knobs for our tractors,, I've gotten quite a few from him over the years,,

09 . . Parts for other brands of tractors

His contact

[email protected]
As dealers, the only knob that we can supply from Ingersoll is the C49367.

I do stock the knobs that Glen makes in the original design for our Case/Ingersoll tractors and the quality is excellent.

Bob

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. That Type B knob that Glen Pettit carries looks like the deal.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered from Glen on 9/2 and am still waiting... I have sent several emails looking for an update and no response. I hope he is okay.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I ordered from Glen on 9/2 and am still waiting... I have sent several emails looking for an update and no response. I hope he is okay.
Similar experience with me. Last winter I contacted him about ordering some stuff. He responded initially then didn't respond to my follow up question. Let me know if anyone has a different means of contacting him.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Similar experience with me. Last winter I contacted him about ordering some stuff. He responded initially then didn't respond to my follow up question. Let me know if anyone has a different means of contacting him.
and I paid!...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found this August 4th post on the Wheel Horse Forum:

Water Rectangle Font Art Technology

·
Ingersoll Dealer
1,387 Posts
I received a prompt response from Lowell who said that they are currently just starting to catalog the inventory obtained from Glen, he requested that I send him photos of the knobs that our Case/Ingersoll tractors use so that he could properly identify them. I don't think that he is yet at the point to be able to mold more but will at least have the existing inventory available for sale soon.

Bob

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I received a prompt response from Lowell who said that they are currently just starting to catalog the inventory obtained from Glen, he requested that I send him photos of the knobs that our Case/Ingersoll tractors use so that he could properly identify them. I don't think that he is yet at the point to be able to mold more but will at least have the existing inventory available for sale soon.

Bob
Bob,

Any chance you would PM me with Lowell's email? I could send him a picture with a request to buy one. At this point my payment to Glen was just a donation.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you talking about the thin white and black ones
Yes. I was told by both Bill @ Barneveld and Bob ( @myerslawnandgarden ) that that style is not available. The new style is a little ball. Glen Pettit molded the original style so hoping the guy that bought his business still has some or will make some.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since one Bob had was not quite the same as factory, I said screw it and bought these:

I painted one Power Red and installed it on the throttle. I will remove the factory choke knob and paint the other round knob black and install that so they match.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts